First post, by Feanor_twh
I connected an IDEtoCF drive bay configured as a slave to the main hard drive (since it allows this). This is useful because I can work on the computer normally and occasionally connect a CompactFlash card directly to IDE for low-level tasks without opening the case.
The problem: it doesn't work at all. I expected problems putting it in slave mode since CF drives don't seem to work well in that mode. But there's no way to get it to work as the master either, leaving the main drive as the slave; although both are detected correctly at boot, it produces multiple errors.
Does anyone know of a way to achieve this? Is there an adapter that works better, or am I trying to do something impossible?
DOS - Amstrad PC1512 NEC V30 640kb 128mb CF XTIDE
Win3.1 - IBM PS/ValuePoint 486DX2 8mb Tseng ET4000 2gb CF
Win98 - AT 386 case K6-III 400 128mb Voodoo3 2000 20gb SSD
WinME - Intel Dot Station (Paquito) PIII 750 256mb FX5200 128gb SSD
Wrong setup? Lmk plz