First post, by feipoa
- Rank
- l33t++
The discovery of older AMIBCP versions, shown here: Where can I find "AMIBCP" (for DOS) ? , got me thinking that PS/2 mouse support on the M919 might be possible. In particular, BCPW511.exe can be utilised to enable PS/2 mouse support on WIN BIOSes with a 10/10/1994 core. This core was used on the PC Chips M919 with BIOS date 05/06/1996.
I used 32 AWG transformer wire for the mod, wiring it to UM8886BF pin 199 (mouse data) and pin 200 (mouse clock). I then connected 47 pF caps to ground, 10 K resistors to 5V, and a series 2.2 uH inductor. There's a header, J2 next to the keyboard DIN, which already has 5V and GND coming to it. All I needed to do was wire the other two header pins to the chipset pins 199/200 and cut any trace that went to these unused header vias. I am copying what the Biostar MB-8433UUD motherboard did to wire the PS/2 mouse header to the UM8886BF. The 8433UUD is the only other socket 3 board I know of which uses the keyboard/mouse controller inside the southbridge.
I used BCPW511 to modify two settings in the BIOS, then saved the BIOS to a W29EE011 EEPROM chip.
Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.