VOGONS


First post, by Ha3keye

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Does anyone have documentation for this mainboard, or can help me with the following?

Every start a message appears that the CPU fan ist missing. It's a 5-pin connection. I can measure the pins = 12V / NC / 5V / GND / GND. Can I connect the 5V output (speed?) to GND?

Already tested several 72-pin SIMM modules, none of them worked. Which types should I use?

I couldn't use the SCSI CD-Drive unser DOS. Need the correct NCR SCSI Driver with settings in autoexec.bat and config.sys.
With Windows 98SE (installation separate ISA/IDE) the CD-Drive works.

Reply 1 of 1, by Many Bothans

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

I don't have this system, but based on the EISA Socket 4 era it is surely 72-pin Fast Page Mode RAM and most likely parity.

I can help on the SCSI issue... The on-board controller chip is an NCR 53C710, DOS driver package can be found at Ardent https://www.ardent-tool.com/NCR/NCR_DOS_C710.EXE