VOGONS


First post, by NovaXPT

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Hi there,

I have some weird issues with a Gravis Gamepad Pro I bought on ebay.

The "Joystick" is constantly moving left. Additionally both buttons on the right front are constantly pressed (marked in screenshot, Button 1 flickers between up and down) . As one button also moves the X Axis (I assume as at least the one on the left side does this), I suppose that somehow both buttons are not working and all other buttons including the stick control seem to work.

I cleaned it but no change.
I am running Gravutil and MS DOS. I grid mode it is detected with similar issues.

The only capacitor seems ok. As I don't have much experience fixing this apart from changing capacitors I am a bit stuck. Anybody already had a similar issue?

Thanks for your help.

Reply 1 of 2, by Law212

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Did you try the switch on the bottom?

Reply 2 of 2, by NovaXPT

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
Law212 wrote on 2026-08-17, 14:29:

Did you try the switch on the bottom?

If you mean the white switch which changes Grid mode, dual mode und single mode?

Yes I tried it. In dual and single mode same issue buttons are constantly pressen. In Grid mode those buttons don't work, overall though the rest is less affected because the other buttons are used as separate inputs and not like in Ms DOS the same input.