First post, by iiamsiincere
Hello
I just got my hands on a Vaio RX (PCV-RX540) series. It's not intended to be anything but a nostalgia build (had one of the RX desktops back when it was new). Right now I'm basically cleaning everything, then do a new build using a recovery cd.
I had a few questions about what I may want to do. Although I had this series of computer in high school, I wasn't into computers back then, so I'm very beginner level when it comes to socket 370.
I am thinking of doing the following:
- Upgrade the CPU (Currently I have a Pentium III 1200
- Potentially upgrade the cooler (Any ideas?)
- Add a GPU as there wasn't one (The previous owner most likely used onboard graphics)
- Potentially add a sound card
For the CPU cooler, would just replacing the fan be more than enough or are there after market 370 socket coolers I can try?
Are there a couple of GPU's that are considered the "best" option or pairing for a Pentium III?
Anyone have a Sony Vaio that they'd modded in any way?