Reply 2220 of 2227, by Neville
- Rank
- Oldbie
DBGL's support for newer DOSBox forks is not perfect. Make sure you use the latest beta found at https://dbgl.org/beta/
DBGL's support for newer DOSBox forks is not perfect. Make sure you use the latest beta found at https://dbgl.org/beta/
Estel Randir wrote on 2026-09-23, 02:59:I am new to DGBL. I have an issue with mounting my games. […]
I am new to DGBL. I have an issue with mounting my games.
In Defend Reloaded I could mount my games folder (full path) that contains all my games as hard drive (I.E. \Games\Dos Games). Then I would add the full path to the game executable & the setup. Everything worked fine. But in DGBL, if I do the same thing, the game will not run. I have to mount each games folder (I.E. \Games\Dos Games\<each individual game folder>)instead of the folder with all my games. This becomes a bit tedious when trying to make profile templates. Is there a solution to this or is this just how DGBL works?
I.E:
I cannot mount \Games\Dos Games as the hard drive
I have to mount \Games\Dos Games\<each individual game folder>
You can mount the entire folder as c: without any issues.
Then in the 'Execute' section you can set 'Main' as Game_Folder\Game_executable; and Setup as Game_Folder\Setup_executable
Example (here C: is set to '.', which is DBGL\dosroot, but can be assigned to another folder):

How are you exactly mounting the games?
RedTony wrote on 2026-09-24, 14:53:You can mount the entire folder as c: without any issues. Then in the 'Execute' section you can set 'Main' as Game_Folder\Game_ […]
Estel Randir wrote on 2026-09-23, 02:59:I am new to DGBL. I have an issue with mounting my games. […]
I am new to DGBL. I have an issue with mounting my games.
In Defend Reloaded I could mount my games folder (full path) that contains all my games as hard drive (I.E. \Games\Dos Games). Then I would add the full path to the game executable & the setup. Everything worked fine. But in DGBL, if I do the same thing, the game will not run. I have to mount each games folder (I.E. \Games\Dos Games\<each individual game folder>)instead of the folder with all my games. This becomes a bit tedious when trying to make profile templates. Is there a solution to this or is this just how DGBL works?
I.E:
I cannot mount \Games\Dos Games as the hard drive
I have to mount \Games\Dos Games\<each individual game folder>You can mount the entire folder as c: without any issues.
Then in the 'Execute' section you can set 'Main' as Game_Folder\Game_executable; and Setup as Game_Folder\Setup_executable
Example (here C: is set to '.', which is DBGL\dosroot, but can be assigned to another folder):
How are you exactly mounting the games?
First of all I do not place my games inside the folder of dosbox or a front end & I will not. They are in another location.
[1] If I have a folder named "Dos Games" then I mount that folder as the C drive. I navigate to the folder and then mount it as "folder". E:\Games\Dos Games.
[2] Inside that folder are subfolders containing individual games. I then under Main & Setup, I navigate to the folder of the exact game I want E:\Games\Dos Games\Gamename\Gamename.exe & E:\Games\Dos Games\Gamename\setup.exe.
Straightforward. But when executing the game, Dosbox acts like it is going to run the game and crashes to desktop.
Neville wrote on 2026-09-23, 08:26:DBGL's support for newer DOSBox forks is not perfect. Make sure you use the latest beta found at https://dbgl.org/beta/
I found out that if you switch dosbox versions & there is some setting left over from the previous dosbox version that DGBL does not like, it goes a bit crazy and locks up. So, once I started reloading default settings that issue went away. But I would think it would be a bit more robust and maybe flag you an error or just ignore the invalid setting instead of just locking up. Output options is something that can get left over between dosbox versions as an example of an invalid setting.
Right now I am getting DBGL to run dosbox-x & staging pretty well. Some of the default shaders are not able to be selected in DGBL (dosbox stagin) even though they are in the dosbox staging directory. Maybe that will change in time.
Estel Randir wrote on 2026-09-25, 00:29:First of all I do not place my games inside the folder of dosbox or a front end & I will not. They are in another location. [1] […]
First of all I do not place my games inside the folder of dosbox or a front end & I will not. They are in another location.
[1] If I have a folder named "Dos Games" then I mount that folder as the C drive. I navigate to the folder and then mount it as "folder". E:\Games\Dos Games.
[2] Inside that folder are subfolders containing individual games. I then under Main & Setup, I navigate to the folder of the exact game I want E:\Games\Dos Games\Gamename\Gamename.exe & E:\Games\Dos Games\Gamename\setup.exe.Straightforward. But when executing the game, Dosbox acts like it is going to run the game and crashes to desktop.
Well, that has absolutely nothing to do with the mounting, you've got something else going on with DosBox itself.
Monotremata wrote on Yesterday, 16:58:Estel Randir wrote on 2026-09-25, 00:29:First of all I do not place my games inside the folder of dosbox or a front end & I will not. They are in another location. [1] […]
First of all I do not place my games inside the folder of dosbox or a front end & I will not. They are in another location.
[1] If I have a folder named "Dos Games" then I mount that folder as the C drive. I navigate to the folder and then mount it as "folder". E:\Games\Dos Games.
[2] Inside that folder are subfolders containing individual games. I then under Main & Setup, I navigate to the folder of the exact game I want E:\Games\Dos Games\Gamename\Gamename.exe & E:\Games\Dos Games\Gamename\setup.exe.Straightforward. But when executing the game, Dosbox acts like it is going to run the game and crashes to desktop.
Well, that has absolutely nothing to do with the mounting, you've got something else going on with DosBox itself.
I have discovered the following (this was tested with dosbox 0.74-3, dosbox-x, dosbox optionals):
[1] This works and the games will run :
Mount E:\1 Games\Offline as the C: drive.
Set game path to E:\1 Games\Offline \M&M\MM3\MM3.exe
[2] This does not work and the games will not run:
Mount E:\1 Games\Offline as the C: drive.
Set game path to E:\1 Games\Offline \M&M\M&M 3\MM 3.exe
Set game path to E:\1 Games\Offline \M & M\M&M3\MM 3.exe
The space in \M&M 3\MM 3.exe or the spaces in \M & M\M&M3\MM 3.exe completely confuses something in DBGL. Notice I purposely used spaces in the mounting directory for the C: drive. And I purposely used a symbol (&) in the game path. Neither of these cause problems in [1]. But only the spaces in the path leading to the game executables causes issue as shown in [2].
But spaces or symbols do not affect anything if I mount the game directory itself as the C: drive.
E:\1 Games\Offline \M & M\M&M 3\MM 3.exe runs just fine then.
Anyway to send this feedback to the developer? Maybe its something they are working on, intended, or a bug?
Estel Randir wrote on Yesterday, 23:53:Anyway to send this feedback to the developer? Maybe its something they are working on, intended, or a bug?
Estel Randir wrote on Yesterday, 23:53:I have discovered the following (this was tested with dosbox 0.74-3, dosbox-x, dosbox optionals): […]
I have discovered the following (this was tested with dosbox 0.74-3, dosbox-x, dosbox optionals):
[1] This works and the games will run :
Mount E:\1 Games\Offline as the C: drive.
Set game path to E:\1 Games\Offline \M&M\MM3\MM3.exe[2] This does not work and the games will not run:
Mount E:\1 Games\Offline as the C: drive.
Set game path to E:\1 Games\Offline \M&M\M&M 3\MM 3.exe
Set game path to E:\1 Games\Offline \M & M\M&M3\MM 3.exeThe space in \M&M 3\MM 3.exe or the spaces in \M & M\M&M3\MM 3.exe completely confuses something in DBGL. Notice I purposely used spaces in the mounting directory for the C: drive. And I purposely used a symbol (&) in the game path. Neither of these cause problems in [1]. But only the spaces in the path leading to the game executables causes issue as shown in [2].
But spaces or symbols do not affect anything if I mount the game directory itself as the C: drive.
E:\1 Games\Offline \M & M\M&M 3\MM 3.exe runs just fine then.
Try adding a forward slash before the space and see if that helps?? For example \M & M\M&M 3\MM 3.exe .. Try using \M/ &/ M\M&M3
I know this worked before but at some point I ran into trouble with spaces as well so I simply moved/renamed everything so there wasn't.
My "C" drives live on their own drive: /Library/Emulators/DOSBox. Inside this folder is each instances 'C" drive .So /library/Emulators/DosBox/DOS is literally a folder that looks exactly like what your C drive would. /Library/Emulators/DOSBox/WIN31 is a new C: drive with a Windows 3.1 install, .../DOSBox/Win98 has a Win98 setup, etc. I still have quite a bit of the games I've played 20-30 years ago so I install them using their actual installers. Everything is installed as it should be in its original layout using only 8.3 DOS filenames to make sure everything works as its supposed to. This is DOS emulation after all, no modern day 64-bit conveniences.
As it is, half the time I'll just fire up DOSBox-X on its own and just navigate from the command line like:
-CD ULTIMA
-U5.BAT