VOGONS


Sonic Buster 8: A NEW 8-bit ISA sound card with OPL3

Topic actions

Reply 120 of 123, by LABS

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

As many of you asked about "mysterious" jumpers of Sonic Buster 8 - I updated the home page with more details about jumper settings in the configuration section. Hope it will clear things up 😀

Sonic Buster 8: A NEW 8-bit ISA sound card with OPL3
Blasterboard: DIY SB2.0-compatible ISA sound card on ATmega MCU

Reply 121 of 123, by devius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I believe my card is Rev-A but the BUSHLD jumper is closed by default, since that's the way I got it and I didn't change it. According to that doc it's in IORDY reset mode. I'm a bit confused what you mean by "default" in this case.

Retro Coisas no YouTube

Reply 122 of 123, by LABS

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member
devius wrote on 2025-08-27, 20:05:

I believe my card is Rev-A but the BUSHLD jumper is closed by default, since that's the way I got it and I didn't change it. According to that doc it's in IORDY reset mode. I'm a bit confused what you mean by "default" in this case.

Yes, after making successfull pre-release tests in IORDY mode, first rev-a boards were shipped with it by default (BUSHLD closed), but when it was reported to have issues with game Gods in this mode, it became obvious that a safe SB2.0 mode should be the default one (BUSHLD opened). Sorry for the confusion 😀

Sonic Buster 8: A NEW 8-bit ISA sound card with OPL3
Blasterboard: DIY SB2.0-compatible ISA sound card on ATmega MCU

Reply 123 of 123, by Martin85

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Wow, that would be an amazing card to add to my new IBM PS/1 2121.

Are there any for sale?