VOGONS


Reply 1100 of 1110, by jamesfmackenzie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
myne wrote on 2026-09-01, 01:02:
jamesfmackenzie wrote on 2026-08-31, 11:20:
LSS10999 wrote on 2026-08-31, 10:52:

AFAIK no board had ever actually routed LDRQ1# as it's not of any real use for TPMs. However, on most boards LDRQ1# is routed to an unpopulated resistor footprint so you can solder a wire to make it accessible, preferably through a NC (unconnected) pin of an existing header.

You'll definitely need boardviews. Schematics can be of some help but not as much as boardviews, as you still need to manually look at the whole board to locate the footprint in question.

Thanks for the info!

Agree that the boardview is incredibly helpful. For my Z87-PRO it instantly revealed a single pull-up resistor for LDRQ1# (although it's under the PCH heatsink -- but that's another story 😂). Would be great to have the same for the X10SAE -- since it already has PCI slots and would make a great Time Machine. I'm sure there's a resistor or resistor footprint somewhere I could use 😎

Given that supermicro lists pin 20 as ldrq, you might have luck working backwards. Either follow the trace visually and confirm with multimeter, or clip onto 20 and poke empty pads hoping for a beep

The front has some candidates

Thanks for the help! Unfortunately no continuity to either of those from pin 20.

Comparing to other pins, pretty much all the other pins show some measurable resistance to those resistors (500-1500 ohm range). And the top one is directly connected to pin 10.

Reply 1101 of 1110, by jamesfmackenzie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
rasteri wrote on 2026-08-31, 13:12:
jamesfmackenzie wrote on 2026-08-31, 09:19:

Unfortunately the supposed LDRQ pin on the TPM header is indeed not connected.

Is it not connected to anything at all?

Unfortunately no. I've probed just about everything on the board and nothing I can find has any continuity with pin 20. I also probed pin 20 vs:

* TPM +3.3V pin -- no continuity
* SuperIO pins -- no continuity

I also (unsuccessfully) looked for some unpopulated pads with pin 20.

Compared to the other pins: many of those show direct conductivity with SuperIO pins and also measurable resistance with many components across the board.

My hope is that LDRQ is broken out from the PCH to some resistor or pad. But v difficult to find that without a boardview 🙁

Reply 1102 of 1110, by myne

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

https://theretroweb.com/chip/documentation/nc … 71838629925.pdf

Should be pin18.
They're usually connected if only for printers

I built:
Convert old ASUS ASC boardviews to KICAD PCB!
Re: A comprehensive guide to install and play MechWarrior 2 on new versions on Windows.
Dos+Windows 3.11+tcp+vbe_svga auto-install iso template
Script to backup Win9x\ME drivers from a working install
Re: The thing no one asked for: KICAD 440bx reference schematic

Reply 1103 of 1110, by MoltenEQ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Hi.
I’m a total noob. Have an unreliable and infuriating PIII board I couldn’t manage to fix.

Got an ASUS H81I-plus. Found LRDQ#1 shared with GPIO on an unpopulated resistor pad under the chipset heatsink. I still need to test the board though.

The attachment IMG_1210.jpeg is no longer available
The attachment IMG_1209.jpeg is no longer available
The attachment IMG_1209.jpeg is no longer available

I need a dISAppointment somehow. And to actually test if that pad is correct with a GPIO23 toggling program as it’s a shared connection I believe.

Yeah idk I already wrote this reply once but this ******* phone decided to unload the webpage so I had to write it again…

Main: ASUS B450M-A Ryzen 5 5500 32Gb DDR4 3200 RTX 3060 2 TB 970 Pro Titan Army monitor LG Hi-Fi
Laptop: ASUS M6500QC
Laptop2: Dell Inspiron 7537 hackintosh
Retro Win98: Siemens 440BX PIII 550 640 Mb PC100 GeForce 6200
Anycubic Kobra Neo+Rpi2b

Reply 1104 of 1110, by myne

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

There are 2.
LDRQ0 goes to SR72
LDRQ1 goes to SR71

I recommend looking into boardviewer and googling "ASUS Motherboard H81I-PLUS 1.01W Boardview Free Download-File format (*rar)"

I built:
Convert old ASUS ASC boardviews to KICAD PCB!
Re: A comprehensive guide to install and play MechWarrior 2 on new versions on Windows.
Dos+Windows 3.11+tcp+vbe_svga auto-install iso template
Script to backup Win9x\ME drivers from a working install
Re: The thing no one asked for: KICAD 440bx reference schematic

Reply 1105 of 1110, by MoltenEQ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

I did not check LRDQ#0 in my files, good to know they are there.
However I still think I jumped the gun on this project, because I have no adapter to use…

Main: ASUS B450M-A Ryzen 5 5500 32Gb DDR4 3200 RTX 3060 2 TB 970 Pro Titan Army monitor LG Hi-Fi
Laptop: ASUS M6500QC
Laptop2: Dell Inspiron 7537 hackintosh
Retro Win98: Siemens 440BX PIII 550 640 Mb PC100 GeForce 6200
Anycubic Kobra Neo+Rpi2b

Reply 1106 of 1110, by myne

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Research never killed anyone.

I built:
Convert old ASUS ASC boardviews to KICAD PCB!
Re: A comprehensive guide to install and play MechWarrior 2 on new versions on Windows.
Dos+Windows 3.11+tcp+vbe_svga auto-install iso template
Script to backup Win9x\ME drivers from a working install
Re: The thing no one asked for: KICAD 440bx reference schematic

Reply 1107 of 1110, by MoltenEQ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Board tested, works fine. Tried enabling and disabling GPIO23, reading were as expected (+3.4V high, 0 low).
Got a nice wire soldered there. Tested for short. Used some capton to cover the heatsink.
All that remains is getting my hands on a dISAppointment…
Any tips regarding that are welcome 😀

Main: ASUS B450M-A Ryzen 5 5500 32Gb DDR4 3200 RTX 3060 2 TB 970 Pro Titan Army monitor LG Hi-Fi
Laptop: ASUS M6500QC
Laptop2: Dell Inspiron 7537 hackintosh
Retro Win98: Siemens 440BX PIII 550 640 Mb PC100 GeForce 6200
Anycubic Kobra Neo+Rpi2b

Reply 1108 of 1110, by vsharun

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member
MoltenEQ wrote on 2026-09-26, 15:38:
Board tested, works fine. Tried enabling and disabling GPIO23, reading were as expected (+3.4V high, 0 low). Got a nice wire sol […]
Show full quote

Board tested, works fine. Tried enabling and disabling GPIO23, reading were as expected (+3.4V high, 0 low).
Got a nice wire soldered there. Tested for short. Used some capton to cover the heatsink.
All that remains is getting my hands on a dISAppointment…
Any tips regarding that are welcome 😀

You may face Asus's firmware issue where addressing over 0x3FF hardwired off the LPC.
Thus no PnP. Another Asus B85/Z87 issue - usb to ps/2 translation leading to lmb phantom clicks. Priceless in Doom with RPG face to the wall and BOOM.
Least problematic mobod are Gigabytes Z87/B85 (own and tested both) then Asrocks poor W98 compatibility however - pcie graphics cards drivers conflict with no resolution path AFAIK.
MSI Z85M gaming also okay, same usb to ps/2 translation however.
Most of dual ps/2 connectors are Y cable compatible, so you may connect Leopold FC900 (ps/2 compatible top mechanical kb) and optical ps/2 mice of your choice.

Reply 1109 of 1110, by MoltenEQ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Okay I’ve been beating around the bush a lot with this question but here goes nothing…
How can I obtain a dISAppointment nowadays?

Main: ASUS B450M-A Ryzen 5 5500 32Gb DDR4 3200 RTX 3060 2 TB 970 Pro Titan Army monitor LG Hi-Fi
Laptop: ASUS M6500QC
Laptop2: Dell Inspiron 7537 hackintosh
Retro Win98: Siemens 440BX PIII 550 640 Mb PC100 GeForce 6200
Anycubic Kobra Neo+Rpi2b