VOGONS


FIC KC19+ (HP OEM) Motherboard Slot 1 with RDRAM

Topic actions

Reply 60 of 61, by Saekita <3

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
The Solutor wrote on Today, 15:31:

what about the good old RTFM?

6. Dos Mode A. Restarting the computer in MS-DOS mode. Shutting down to MS-DOS mode from the Shutdown Win95 Menu will automatic […]
Show full quote

6. Dos Mode
A. Restarting the computer in MS-DOS mode.
Shutting down to MS-DOS mode from the Shutdown Win95 Menu will automatically run the CWBINIT.EXE /A in dosstart.bat. Therefore, shutting down to MS-DOS mode will automatically have the audio card configured for Dos games.

B. Enabling Dos support in Dos prompt icon.
To enable real DOS mode with CS4232/36/36b/37b/38b support:
1.Select a DOS prompt icon.
2.Select Properties.
3.Go to the Program tab.
4.Select the Advanced... button.
5.Click MS-DOS Mode.
6.Click "Specify a new MS-DOS configuration."
7.The following line will be automatically placed into the new MS-DOS configuration (with right path):
DEVICE=C:\WIN95\CWBINIT.EXE /A

I already did, i'm not blind besides using CRTs daily, IRTFM. But I dont get it, as CWBINIT does nothing. It just says crystal card is not detected or can't be run on dos mode.

I see myself installing cheapy PCI soundblasters CT4810 ... It probably will be more compatible and easy to make work, they sound horrible, but crystal does not perform much better...

Reply 61 of 61, by The Solutor

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member
Saekita <3 wrote on Today, 21:33:

I already did, i'm not blind besides using CRTs daily, IRTFM. But I dont get it, as CWBINIT does nothing. It just says crystal card is not detected or can't be run on dos mode.

I see myself installing cheapy PCI soundblasters CT4810 ... It probably will be more compatible and easy to make work, they sound horrible, but crystal does not perform much better...

I didn't check if the driver I liked are ok for your card, what I meant was use the instructions with the driver you already had, given very likely they (the instructions) are the same for different driver variations.