VOGONS


Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 59840 of 59852, by oldGPU

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
Nexxen wrote on 2026-10-06, 11:36:

You can regrow kidneys, I say! 🤣
Nice, in box and looking well preserved... congrats!

🤣 very true. Thank you!!

Reply 59841 of 59852, by simpler

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
Jccwu wrote on 2026-10-03, 16:50:
Living wrote on 2026-10-03, 16:31:
Jccwu wrote on 2026-10-02, 13:58:

Rate my new enrgaved brackets

can we get an STL for 3d print?

This is a 2D sketch for AutoCAD. Now with logo.

Sir your brackets look awesome, but I've also checked out your youtube channel and it's so nice to hear the differences between sound cards! Thanks a lot for that!

Reply 59842 of 59852, by Trashbytes

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Got a Fully modded Fat PS2, so I can play US and Japan games here in Australia, got a SSD in it too with McFreebootHDD. Also grabbed a couple of nice Radeon HD5770 cards too that came as a X-Fire pair and a HD7770 Ghz card, none of them have been tested yet but Terrascale 2 cards are pretty hard to kill like the Cockroaches they were born from. The HD7770 worries me as I have had a two before and they were DOA which seems to be par for the course with the Ghz ones...perhaps caused by running hot.

Hopefully it works .. if not I guess itll join the other two as pretty paper weights.

Reply 59843 of 59852, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Good luck with the HD7770. Haven't done much with mine, but I have had a HD7750 longer. Now that has refused to work on a couple of boards, common factor might be that they are PCIe 1.0 so maybe not a card for 754, 939, Netburst era systems. I don't have the figures to hand or embrained, but PCIe 1.0 was particularly weak on the initialization power available at 1x, and the GPUs need to bootstrap off that to request full power and extra PCIe lanes. Anyway, just a thing to point out that if you haven't tried the previous HD7770 on a higher PCIe version, you maybe haven't tried them.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 59844 of 59852, by Trashbytes

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
BitWrangler wrote on Today, 13:43:

Good luck with the HD7770. Haven't done much with mine, but I have had a HD7750 longer. Now that has refused to work on a couple of boards, common factor might be that they are PCIe 1.0 so maybe not a card for 754, 939, Netburst era systems. I don't have the figures to hand or embrained, but PCIe 1.0 was particularly weak on the initialization power available at 1x, and the GPUs need to bootstrap off that to request full power and extra PCIe lanes. Anyway, just a thing to point out that if you haven't tried the previous HD7770 on a higher PCIe version, you maybe haven't tried them.

The two dead ones are dead Jim, they won’t post on any boards I have for testing, Z97, Z68, x58 and my 754 board all refuse to post with them.

I didnt bake them, not sure that would help though, open to trying weird stuff with them since they are dead.

Reply 59845 of 59852, by H3nrik V!

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

An Asus P4T-F with a 1.6 Willamette and 2x128 MiB RDRAM and C-RIMMs for a reasonable price 😀

If it's dual it's kind of cool ... 😎

--- GA586DX --- P2B-DS --- BP6 ---

Please use the "quote" option if asking questions to what I write - it will really up the chances of me noticing 😀

Reply 59846 of 59852, by ElectroSoldier

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
H3nrik V! wrote on Today, 14:01:

An Asus P4T-F with a 1.6 Willamette and 2x128 MiB RDRAM and C-RIMMs for a reasonable price 😀

Unusual arrangement of the RIMM sockets on that board. I wonder why they arranged them like that.

What is the DIP switch for?

Reply 59847 of 59852, by dominusprog

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Bought this Full Yes S3805 S3 86C805-P graphics card for the 486 build I'm working on right now. I did a recap and upgraded the RAM to full 2MiB. Since the board has SMD pads, I bought these high quality/low ESR Panasonic POSCAP tantalum caps. They weren't cheap, but I only needed four and the build quality of the board itself is very decent, so it was worth it.

The attachment IMG_20261005_173228.jpg is no longer available
The attachment IMG_20261005_173306.jpg is no longer available

Duke_2600.png
A-Trend ATC-1020 V1.1 ❇ Cyrix 6x86 150+ @ 120MHz ❇ 32MiB EDO RAM (8MiBx4) ❇ A-Trend S3 Trio64V2 2MiB
OPTi MAD16 / Creative Vibra16XV ❇ 8.4GiB Quantum Fireball ❇ Win95 OSR2 Plus!

Reply 59848 of 59852, by PD2JK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ElectroSoldier wrote on Today, 14:17:
H3nrik V! wrote on Today, 14:01:

An Asus P4T-F with a 1.6 Willamette and 2x128 MiB RDRAM and C-RIMMs for a reasonable price 😀

Unusual arrangement of the RIMM sockets on that board. I wonder why they arranged them like that.

Hehe, take a look at the MSI 850 Pro2. 😆

has all kinds of stuff

Reply 59849 of 59852, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
PD2JK wrote on Today, 17:50:
ElectroSoldier wrote on Today, 14:17:
H3nrik V! wrote on Today, 14:01:

An Asus P4T-F with a 1.6 Willamette and 2x128 MiB RDRAM and C-RIMMs for a reasonable price 😀

Unusual arrangement of the RIMM sockets on that board. I wonder why they arranged them like that.

Hehe, take a look at the MSI 850 Pro2. 😆

RIMMs run ouchy hot, so maybe something to do with allowing airflow.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 59850 of 59852, by Jccwu

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

more brackets. Check it out.

Sound card's music

Reply 59851 of 59852, by H3nrik V!

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ElectroSoldier wrote on Today, 14:17:
H3nrik V! wrote on Today, 14:01:

An Asus P4T-F with a 1.6 Willamette and 2x128 MiB RDRAM and C-RIMMs for a reasonable price 😀

Unusual arrangement of the RIMM sockets on that board. I wonder why they arranged them like that.

What is the DIP switch for?

Well, the P4T (no F) has the RIMMs arranged more traditional. Goggle (well Gemini) tells me that the -F was an OEM version of the P4T

The DIP switch is for both multiplier and FSB - though the multiplier it's locked in Pentium 4 CPUs

If it's dual it's kind of cool ... 😎

--- GA586DX --- P2B-DS --- BP6 ---

Please use the "quote" option if asking questions to what I write - it will really up the chances of me noticing 😀

Reply 59852 of 59852, by dominusprog

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jccwu wrote on Today, 19:10:

more brackets. Check it out.

You've made these yourself?

Duke_2600.png
A-Trend ATC-1020 V1.1 ❇ Cyrix 6x86 150+ @ 120MHz ❇ 32MiB EDO RAM (8MiBx4) ❇ A-Trend S3 Trio64V2 2MiB
OPTi MAD16 / Creative Vibra16XV ❇ 8.4GiB Quantum Fireball ❇ Win95 OSR2 Plus!