VOGONS

Common searches

DOSBox 0.73 Discussion

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Feel free to tell us what you think about it.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 3 of 207, by Freddo

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Awesome 😎

I really like how it used the swedish keyboard for me by default. But it was also a bit annoying cause I'm so used to use the US keyboard in DOSBox, but I will be used to it soon 😁

I also liked how the disc check in Daggerfall works now. No need to bypass it to play the game. Lovely.

Don't remember if it was an issue in 0.72, but the installer for Dark Forces was wonky in the past, but works nicely now.

Noticed that two issues from 0.72 still remains, Battlespire complain about too little RAM even with memsize=63 (but it works fine) and the sound in some games is still reversed (or did I maybe miss the swap option?)

Anyway, keep up the good work! 😁

Reply 6 of 207, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Good stuff.
Aliens: A Comic Book Adventure installation no longer stalls when Sound Blaster 16 is selected.
Terminator: Skynet detects Future Shock.
Ripper and Elite: Frontier - First Encounters no longer need additional tweaking.

However, I did find that the installer for 7th Guest stalls at Readme.txt. It worked in 0.72.

And that logo screen will take some getting use to.

Reply 13 of 207, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

that is intentional in order to make dosbox work nicely on Vista and with more then one user on your system.
Just use the shortcut to edit it and it should be fine

Reply 14 of 207, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If you have a dosbox.conf file in the same directory as the EXE file then it'll automatically use that one instead.

Awesome job, though! Daggerfall seems to run much more smoothly now!

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.

Reply 15 of 207, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
MusicallyInspired wrote:

If you have a dosbox.conf file in the same directory as the EXE file then it'll automatically use that one instead.

Well actually the starting directory/cwd, but yes that is right. That is intentional for portable instalations and people who just like having the configfile there.

The "weird" loading is primary for new users. All old ways are still supported.

Reply 17 of 207, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Also many thanks for all your hard work on my favourite emulator. Congrats on the new release! (though until the end I thought we'd see a version 0.75 😀)

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 18 of 207, by hydr0x

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Qbix wrote:
MusicallyInspired wrote:

Well actually the starting directory/cwd, but yes that is right. That is intentional for portable instalations and people who just like having the configfile there.

It's one of those annoying Vista guidelines. I don't want any config/program files in my user directory, I just want data in there. So it's great you're allowing us to just place an ini in the exe directory. One question though: If I do that before starting DOSBox for the first time, would it still create the ini in my user dir or not? Cause I really don't want it to be there, even if it's not used.

Reply 19 of 207, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
hydr0x wrote:
Qbix wrote:
MusicallyInspired wrote:

It's one of those annoying Vista guidelines. I don't want any config/program files in my user directory, I just want data in there. So it's great you're allowing us to just place an ini in the exe directory. One question though: If I do that before starting DOSBox for the first time, would it still create the ini in my user dir or not? Cause I really don't want it to be there, even if it's not used.

You can delete the .conf file from your profile but you'll need to edit the DOSBox shortcuts in the Start Menu to stop the creation of dosbox.conf in your profile.

While your deleting .conf file from your Profile you may also want to delete the hidden "AppData" directory in your profile as well. 😈 Since you just want "data" in there.....

What counts as data to you?

Last edited by DosFreak on 2009-05-27, 23:10. Edited 1 time in total.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline