First post, by debianfan
Some Years (nearly 10) Years ago i playes Tie Fighter on my Pentium 100 computer - with 64 MB Ram 😉
It runs well.
I want to play Tie Fighter with Dosbox on my computer:
1. Motherboard - Gigabyte
2. Processor type and speed - AMD Athlon XP 2400+
3. Amount and type of RAM - DDR 1 - 2 Gigabyte
4. Video board w/ RAM amount and type - ATI 9800 SE
5. Sound board - ESS1860 - Standard Sound Chip
6. Operating system - WINDOWS XP - with SP2
7. Game name (and version, if applicable) - Tie Fighter from Lucas Arts
9. Reproducibility of problem - always
10. Sound mode used - sound blaster standard
11. Video mode - standard mode - nothing special - in the time the game was written, there was no opengl or direct x 😉
12. Version of emulator (for VDMSound, probably 2.0.4 or 2.1.0; for DOSBox, 0.58+) - dosbox V.0.72
It was slow - very very slow - it was horrible - i put the grafical details to low - no changes in speed.
What can i do?