Trying to find out about a particular AWE32

Topic actions

Reply 21 of 29, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Jorpho wrote:

It's also been a while, so I have no idea what sort of drivers this thing needs. Will http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fileid=51 be enough?

To quickly get a card going (without installing anything onto the system) run CTCM (the Creative Plug and Play program) and then AWEUTIL /S.

The card should now be up and running.

Reply 22 of 29, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That's it? It thought you needed CTCU as well.

Reply 23 of 29, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Jorpho wrote:

That's it? It thought you needed CTCU as well.

Only if you want to change the resources that CTCM picks for you. CTCU is in the same folder as CTCM anyway though 😀

Reply 24 of 29, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Curses, the Panasonic DOS USB driver doesn't seem to like the USB controller on my ASUS P3B-F. That's going to make things a little more complicated.

Reply 25 of 29, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

All right, that ought to do it. MI2 on the CT3670 and, for good measure, the CT3600.

Reply 26 of 29, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Both sound like OPL3 to me.

EDIT:

Amazed at the clean recording. My Sound Blaster cards are very loud in comparison...

Reply 27 of 29, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

CT3670 has an AWE64 chipset, but with 30-Pin memory slots.
CT3600 has the vibra 16 pro CT2502: the best output quality of the whole SB16/32 line AFAIK.

Both cards have CQM.

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul

Reply 28 of 29, by AdamP

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
gerwin wrote:

Both cards have CQM.

Phew! I was afraid I had seriously misled the OP, but it seems like I haven't 😀.

Reply 29 of 29, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Since I had everything set up, I thought I'd give it a whirl on my SB Live (sb0100, using sbeinit.com).

While adjusting the volume, I noticed that sbemixer.exe had a checkbox labelled "MT32", so I tried the recording with that marked as well... I don't think it made any difference, though.

Did I mess up somewhere? There's got to be a way to make it work better than this. 😒