Rendition Verite Thread

Topic actions

Reply 300 of 652, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
kixs wrote:

Even DIR command is scrolling quite slowly - I think 386DX with ET4000 scrolls faster.

It's not surprising that the DOS text is slow on Verite. DOS video modes are extremely slow on both generations unless they are a VESA VBE mode or can be remapped to one via the RENUTIL utility. Mode X can not be remapped and you can imagine what this means for some hugely popular games. 3DBench probably needs RENUTIL. You can find it on VOGONSdrivers. Quake has both VESA and non-VESA modes so look at that.

Reply 302 of 652, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I guess it doesn't beat Matrox Athena ?

Retronn.de - Vintage Hardware Gallery, Drivers, Guides, Videos. Now with file search
Youtube Channel
FTP Server - Driver Archive and more
DVI2PCIe alignment and 2D image quality measurement tool

Reply 304 of 652, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Does anyone own a boxed version of Canopus Total3D?

I'm curious to how the box looks and user reports about the 3D Glasses.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 305 of 652, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
vetz wrote:

Does anyone own a boxed version of Canopus Total3D?

I'm curious to how the box looks and user reports about the 3D Glasses.

Here's the box

pkg_canopus.jpg

It's not my pic so I don't know about the glasses.

Reply 306 of 652, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've seen press pictures of it, but not any user/collector pictures. Normally the most interesting parts is the bragging text on the backside 😉

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 307 of 652, by noshutdown

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

after 5 years of searching, i finally managed to get an agp8m version of the v2200. i am rather lazy to take a photo, but its the same card as the green agp one in this page:
http://www.vgamuseum.info/index.php/component … ion-verite-2200

as i can tell, its from asl, a fairly known middle-range brand in china. although not as large as asus, msi and some others, at least the company has survived for over 15 years and is still alive and kicking today.

and i have encountered multiple issues testing it, its rather long so i would write the report later.

still i prefer v2200 cards from hercules and qdi, i got a qdi years ago but unfortunately it was 4mb. in case you dunno, qdi was a subbranch of lenovo that produced boards and cards, but was closed by lenovo some time ago, the latest product that i can find are from the lga775 era. lenovo now purchases boards and cards from bitland, another infamous oem-provider.

Last edited by noshutdown on 2014-02-25, 04:43. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 314 of 652, by G1nX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I wanted to share with you guys something I've recently found that you might like:
Hercules_Thriller_Conspiracy_front.jpg
Hercules_Thriller_Conspiracy_back.jpg
Hercules_Thriller_Conspiracy_marketing.jpg
Hercules_Thriller_Conspiracy_T_shirt.jpg

Unfortunately the card is either very picky on motherboards or it doesn't work at all 🙁
Even if it did I don't have the right drivers to test it.

Enjoy,
G1nX

Retro-gamer & VGA Collector
Powered by Voodoo5 6000

Reply 316 of 652, by G1nX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
F2bnp wrote:

Woah, nice! A shame you can't get it working though 🙁

Digging through my mainboard collection I found an Intel R440FX UP Server board that like it and I got the card to POST this afternoon 😀
Now I'm just missing the drivers to properly test it.

Retro-gamer & VGA Collector