VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Alexander

User metadata

I have the game Archimedean Dynasty and I heard that it doesn't work well with Glidos. I would really like to play this game again...are there any chances that it will work some time? I would joyfully pay the 10$...

Alexander

Reply 1 of 17, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It is slowly getting closer. In default mode it is very slow. Some of the "logical frame buffer" speed ups I put in for the sake of Screamer 2 make it much much faster, but lose some of the HUD displays. The main problem is that it has a VESA splash screen that requires a buttom pressing using the mouse, and as yet the mouse support and VESA support built into Glidos doesn't work together.

Can't promise anything soon.

Reply 6 of 17, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Not at all easy. I thought I might be able to role the Glidos mouse driver in with the Vesa support, but there isn't a convenient stream of data to pass
mouse events. Needs a fairly radical architexture change, which I haven't figured out how to do yet.

Reply 13 of 17, by Guest

User metadata

Well I don’t use mouse2kv *G* I use VDMSound and NOLFB.com

VDMSound 2.1.0 PUBLIC BETA
http://www.advsys.net/ken/build.htm

1:
Put the nolfb.com in your AD Dir. And install VDMSound. Next you have to make a *.bat (in AD Dir.)

“nolfb.bat
SF.exe” -> in German AD = Schleichfahrt so maybe it’s the AD.exe

2:
Then you have to modify the setup.exe….right-click -> run with vdms -> Set up a custom configuration -> next -> advanced -> 3.00 Soundlaster Pro -> ok --> next -> done.
3:
Run new shortcut and use Soundlaster Pro
4:
Repeat step 3 for your *.bat
5:
Use the new VDMSound Shortcut to launch AD

Thx to Phaser
Thyrail

Reply 15 of 17, by hannibal

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i´d really like to replay AD again. played it last time about a year ago with vdmsound, mouse2kv and nolfb.com but there were some issues that bugged me since it didnt detect my joystick and the sound in the videos would stop after a while. looked like a caching issue but it seemed unfixable with vdmsounds options. but the biggest issue for me is that the game is too dark because the brightness settings of my CRT are set to low by default. so i really hope that glidos will support it eventually since i bet that i can increase the gamma settings with it.

Reply 16 of 17, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

AD is really awkward. At least the demo version is. There's an initial screen that requires a mouse click on a button to get any further. That screen is running in VESA, and Glidos's mouse driver doesn't work in conjunction with its VESA driver. What's more, there's no easy way to get a data path for the mouse info.

It may be possible with Glidos VESA supoort turned off and with mouse2kv

Reply 17 of 17, by kolijoco

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i tried ad with nolfb, and somehoe the palette seems to be screwed up, anyway it doesn't look like it should (but its fast). i'm running it with solvbe (for vesa) support, and it look beatiful, but is a bit slow. the other issue is the joystick. vdms didn't work for that to start with, but i did some modifications to the emujoystick.dll module (from the cvs, made it look like the joy code in db), and now it works (two out of three tries). so questions:
- is there a way to heal nolfb's colors?
- any versions or configs of vdms where joystick works?
(yes i know dosbox 65 runs the game, but its slow...)
thanks!