VOGONS

First post, by Vagabond

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Everytime I try to run Daggerfall through Dosbox, I get this message from the secondary window:
Exit to Error: Pagefault didn't correct table.
Then Dosbox just closes down.

I went to http://www.uesp.net/general/gen95.shtml
They have a file zip file that helps install the game easily in WinXP.

However, running it has been confusing as I here different settings will work and nothing works for me.

Yes, I fixed the z.cfg file so the cdpath matches the installed location of the game. Don't need the disc in drive.

Yes, I used VDMSound in configuing Daggerfall's SETUP.EXE and within the setup, I am able to test for both MIDI and Digital sound fine.

Yes, I have the last official patch installed.

Next, I run Dosbox and type in the following...

MOUNT C C:\DAGGERFALL\
C:
FALL.EXE Z.CFG

It seems to try to run the game. Nothing about an illegal command or whatnot. But nothing happens except the message in the secondary window, Exit to Error: Pagefault didn't correct table. Any ideas? Am I missing something?

I have both Dosbox 0.61 and VDMSound2[1].1.0 installed.
I have Windows XP (just downloaded and installed the second service pack, if that matters) on a 2.8 Ghz P4 processor and an MSI 865PE Neo2 motherboard with two sticks of 512MB Corsair CMX DDR400 (1 Gig of RAM).

ATI All-In-Wonder 9700 Pro
Sound Blaster Audigy2 PlatinumEX

Maybe I should also note that within the Control Panel under Regional and Language Options, under the advanced tab I have the Language for non-Unicode programs set to Japanese. I don't think this matters, as I am able to run Daggerfall's prequel, Arena, within Dosbox fine.

Please help. I'm gonna set over here in the corner now...

Reply 1 of 5, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Strange. Daggerfall works ok. What core do you use? If it is the dynamic core, then try another one (at best normal) - the dynamic core is still a bit buggy.
You can try to use a CVS build (Daggerfall definitely works there - I tried it - search forum for information what is a CVS build). You can also wait for a new version.

Mirek

Reply 2 of 5, by Vagabond

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

CVS build?

I searched the forums here awhile and then searched the net - but I still don't have a good idea of what that is. Is there an 'Idiot's Guide' to what these builds are and how to make use of them?

Also, I'm tinkering around with the Dosbox configuration. Still no success in running Daggerfall - but then, I don't know what I'm doing. Maybe someone can give me some info on his/her config.

Reply 3 of 5, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

??????
It has title "CVS Builds (once a week)". It is the third message in "DOSBOX Development".
CVS Builds (once a week)
I would say it is impossible to miss it 😀.

Mirek