VOGONS

First post, by tabm0de

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So i got myself a "compaq presario 7220" and i really cant find any manual and having a hard time accessing bios, i have tried with pressing F1 and F10 but nothing helps, keyboard is working so thats not a problem, even tried a orignal compaq keyboard with same problem.

Attachments

• presario.jpg
    Filename
    presario.jpg
    File size
    43.01 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

naa, nothing yet...

Reply 1 of 4, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Have you tried delete, f2, f8, and the whole menagerie of f keys OEMs like to use? The only other thing I could thing of would be if the hdd had the bios on it, but that machine looks fairly new to have that issue.

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 2 of 4, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This Dutch article suggests that this BIOS menu requires data to be present on a special Harddisk partition?
https://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/435717

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul

Reply 3 of 4, by Taylor7108

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hmmm have you tried replacing the 3V battery on the board? This is a cheap way to troubleshoot and is probably necessary anyway, at this point.

Hope this helps!

Current Build: 486 DX2 66 / 16MB RAM / 2GB CF / CL5428 VLB 1MB / Aztech 2316 Sound / DOS 6.22

Reply 4 of 4, by tabm0de

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks for the reply's but it is as gerwin sausage, it needs program on disk the old user formatted the disk hehe but I found the "compaq f10 setup" floppy image 😀

naa, nothing yet...