VOGONS

Reply 40 of 439, by 1541

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

As you also requested 686 CPUs, I'd like to throw a K6-III+ in the ring...
The mainboards own L2 cache is correctly identlfied as L3 cache with the K6 CPU
The spec only misses the "Code Name" for the K6-III aka "Sharptooth" aka "AuthenticAMD Family 5 Model 13"

Thank you for porting CPU-Z to Win9x!

Attachments

• Filename
    WIN98.txt
    File size
    20.42 KiB
    Downloads
    77 downloads
    File comment
    report file
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • k6-iii+.jpg
    Filename
    k6-iii+.jpg
    File size
    53.94 KiB
    Views
    File license

💾 Windows 9x resources (drivers, tools, NUSB,...) 💾

Reply 42 of 439, by red-ray

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
feipoa wrote:

SIV_DBGOUT.log was not generated in the SIV folder. I'm using the original version you posted, not the beta for NT.

Thank you, maybe NT 3.51 is different, please try SIV32L.exe -DBGINI -NOSIVRES > SIV_DBGOUT.log | more. Ideally use Beta-12 as I added some extra debug traces.

Beta-11 was not ideal so I made some more changes for the attached Beta-12, please try it on W95C (It should say 95C). Again use SIV32L.exe -DBGINI > SIV_DBGOUT.log | more so I can see how the detection is done.

I tried to install NT 3.51 on one of my systems, but thus far the install fails. I suspect I need to use an older system. Do you have any other systems with NT 3.51 installed and if so how does SIV do?

EDIT: I think I have found the issue with NT 3.51. It seems to have issues loading images from SIVRES.dll so please try SIV32L.exe -DBGINI -NOSIVRES > SIV_DBGOUT.log | more on 3.51

Last edited by red-ray on 2019-08-21, 21:05. Edited 6 times in total.

Reply 43 of 439, by GigAHerZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@CuPid, version 1.89.3.x32, Windows 95 OSR 2.5. When i start it on my 486dlc, it loads to 10% (PCI) and just has stayed there for like 15min. Any suggestions?

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - And i intend to get every last bit out of it even after loading every damn driver!

Reply 44 of 439, by CuPid

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
GigAHerZ wrote:

@CuPid, version 1.89.3.x32, Windows 95 OSR 2.5. When i start it on my 486dlc, it loads to 10% (PCI) and just has stayed there for like 15min. Any suggestions?

Can you please edit cpuz.ini (or create it if no one exits - as a txt file) and set :

[CPU-Z]
VERSION=1.8.9.3
ACPI=0
PCI=0
MaxPCIBus=256
DMI=0
Sensor=0
SMBus=0
Display=0
UseDisplayAPI=0
BusClock=0
Chipset=0
SPD=0

then run cpuz again.

I need a vacation.

tbmtg3-99.png
zav4kj-99.png

Reply 45 of 439, by GigAHerZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@CuPid, there you have it!

Did a run with 486DLC and 386DX. Only difference is the cpu, everything else is the same.
I think the 486DLC's speed is slightly wrong, it should be 40MHz pretty much exactly. I did not change any jumpers, therefore it should run on the same speed as 386DX, which is pretty much spot on.

Clean install of windows 95 osr 2.5, all drivers installed. (Cirrus Logic vga, soundblaster 16, 3c509b nic)

Attachments

• Filename
    386n486.zip
    File size
    10.45 KiB
    Downloads
    78 downloads
    File license

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - And i intend to get every last bit out of it even after loading every damn driver!

Reply 47 of 439, by CuPid

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
GigAHerZ wrote:
@CuPid, there you have it! […]
Show full quote

@CuPid, there you have it!

Did a run with 486DLC and 386DX. Only difference is the cpu, everything else is the same.
I think the 486DLC's speed is slightly wrong, it should be 40MHz pretty much exactly. I did not change any jumpers, therefore it should run on the same speed as 386DX, which is pretty much spot on.

Clean install of windows 95 osr 2.5, all drivers installed. (Cirrus Logic vga, soundblaster 16, 3c509b nic)

@GigaHerz
THanks ! The DLC detection did completely fail 😵

@kixs
Are the bench results plausible, or completely out of range ?
It is very possible that the timers are not running as expected. The program uses QPC (query performance counter, aka the high-resolution timer of windows) to monitor the bench duration (supposely 10 seconds overall), you can check the QPC status in the timers dialog box in Tools -> Timers. By clicking on start, you will see a classic time counter run on all available timer, and if something is wrong you should notice it very quickly.

Last edited by CuPid on 2019-08-19, 19:18. Edited 2 times in total.

I need a vacation.

tbmtg3-99.png
zav4kj-99.png

Reply 48 of 439, by GigAHerZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@CuPid, let me know, when you want another run. (Y)

Reply 50 of 439, by GigAHerZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've restored my pc to 386DX (with FPU) already, but with it the benchmark run for 26 seconds.

Reply 51 of 439, by CuPid

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
GigAHerZ wrote:

I've restored my pc to 386DX (with FPU) already, but with it the benchmark run for 26 seconds.

Here it is : http://download.cpuid.com/betas/cpuz_w95.zip
You can give a try w/o the ini file, but in case the same lock-up occurs, please re-use the ini trick.
Also, can you please let me know if the bench runs faster ?
Thank you.

I need a vacation.

tbmtg3-99.png
zav4kj-99.png

Reply 52 of 439, by GigAHerZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Still had to use the ini config file, otherwise stays at PCI detection forever.

It seems, it detected the cpu better now. Though, i would expect the clock to be same between 386 and 486, as i have changed nothing but the cpu.

Benchmark took 14 seconds.

Attachments

• Filename
    486dlc.zip
    File size
    5.31 KiB
    Downloads
    69 downloads
    File license

Reply 53 of 439, by CuPid

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
GigAHerZ wrote:

It seems, it detected the cpu better now. Though, i would expect the clock to be same between 386 and 486, as i have changed nothing but the cpu.

Benchmark took 14 seconds.

Thanks GigAHerZ.
You're right, the clock should be 40 too, it is just a tuning issue in cpuz. After correction I get 39.95 MHz.

I need a vacation.

tbmtg3-99.png
zav4kj-99.png

Reply 54 of 439, by red-ray

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
GigAHerZ wrote:

I have been watching your posts and am wondering if my SIV utility can read your PCI bus, would you like to try it?

If so then there is download/file.php?id=67130 (SIV32L 5.41 Beta-12) attached to an earlier post. Pressing [PCI Bus] should list all the PCI devices and Menu->File->Save Local should generate a full save file, please post it.

SIV32L needs about 18MB of memory, how much does the system have? If it only has 16MB then delete SIVRES.dll + PCIDEVS.txt.

If there are issues then from a command window do SIV32L.exe -DBGINI -DBGPCI > SIV_DBGOUT.log | more and post SIV_DBGOUT.log.

Last edited by red-ray on 2019-08-20, 09:28. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 55 of 439, by GigAHerZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
red-ray wrote:
I have been watching your posts and am wondering if my SIV utility can read your PCI bus, would you like to try it? […]
Show full quote
GigAHerZ wrote:

I have been watching your posts and am wondering if my SIV utility can read your PCI bus, would you like to try it?

If so then there is download/file.php?id=67130 (SIV32L 5.41 Beta-12) attached to an earlier post. Pressing [PCI Bus] should list all the PCI devices and Menu->File->Save Local should generate a full save file, please post it.

SIV32L needs about 18MB of memory, how much does the system have? If it only has 16MB then delete SIVRES.dll + PCIDEVS.txt.

When i try to run it, it says MSVCRT.DLL is missing.

I have 32MB of ram on this beast. 😀

Reply 56 of 439, by CuPid

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
red-ray wrote:
I have been watching your posts and am wondering if my SIV utility can read your PCI bus, would you like to try it? […]
Show full quote
GigAHerZ wrote:

There no PCI on that board, it is a socket PGA 132 with ISA only. I suspect that the addresses involved in the PCI scan are used by another device, causing an infinite loop.

I need a vacation.

tbmtg3-99.png
zav4kj-99.png

Reply 57 of 439, by red-ray

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
GigAHerZ wrote:

When i try to run it, it says MSVCRT.DLL is missing.

Oops, which version/build of W95 is it? I have attached a selection of .DLLs, please try putting them into the same folder as SIV is in. I suspect once you put MSVCRT.DLL there some of the others will be needed.

The files came from C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98\Wizards\PDWizard\Redist so should be the correct ones.

I just found the installation redistributable which you could install.

Reply 58 of 439, by CuPid

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
feipoa wrote:
For NexGen information, I suggest you contact the guy who compiled this website, https://www.memotech.franken.de/NexGen/ He goes […]
Show full quote

For NexGen information, I suggest you contact the guy who compiled this website, https://www.memotech.franken.de/NexGen/
He goes by mtx500 on the CPU-World forum.

I can try a pure 386 instruction set if you want to compile it for that. Might fix the issue, might not. Generally, it would be nice not to use IDON.COM as it can cause issues with other programs, but if some program doesn't work naturally, I load IDON.COM, then run the program.

Do you want me to try cpuz_w95 again on NexGen in Windows 95? And which version of CPU-Z is to be used for NT4 on a 486 or NexGen? Is that the same version that hopefully will work with NT 3.51?

@feipoa

Just to check if that changes anything with ICON.COM, I've recompiled with the "386 instruction set" setting (instead of "blend" by default).
http://download.cpuid.com/betas/cpuz_386.zip

Thanks !

I need a vacation.

tbmtg3-99.png
zav4kj-99.png

Reply 59 of 439, by red-ray

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
CuPid wrote:

Just to check if that changes anything with ICON.COM, I've recompiled with the "386 instruction set" setting (instead of "blend" by default).

I think it's crashing out in the .DLL and this is down to what SHLWAPI.dll does. SIV has the same issue and from the screen shot I can see it's not in the SIV image.

The MSVS 6 docs say that /G3 is ignored!, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previo ... 3dvs.60%29