VOGONS

Reply 20 of 46, by yjfy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

2.4 i750PD Chip
ACTIONMEDIA III did not routinely develop the i750's third-generation i750PC/DC chip, resulting in the vacancy of the i750PC/DC numbering chip. The fourth generation is the i750PD (Video Compression Processor) chip.
On November 15, 1993, ATI announced the Video basic capture card, which uses Intel's low-cost i750PD and ATI's ATI-68890 video capture chip. The chip below shows the ATI Video basic capture card is ES, the chip is labeled KU8270PD-25, it seems to be marked incorrectly, it should be KU82750PD-25.
ATI Video basic capture card Qualified Product
EXM285.jpg

Reply 21 of 46, by yjfy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

2.5 MAESTRO series
    The late stage of the i750 chip graphics project,lintel did not completely abandon the research and development of the i750 chip follow-up products, turned to simplified functions, low-cost video daughter cards and committed to selling i750 series chips to large companies such as ATI and Creative.
 MAESTRO III Evaluation board
MAESTRO_III.jpg
    The MAESTRO III card has i750DB, i750SN and a chip without any label. This chip without any standard should be the next generation chip, because at this time Intel can not make the i750PB into a wordless version of ES. The i750SN chip should be the F122164PPM on the QUARK chip board.As can be seen from the date of the components used on the card, the i750PE chip was made in early 1994. For some reason, the final product of such a card structure has not been seen, or only the i750PE chip is evaluated, and the chip is prepared for the Smart video Recorder series.

Reply 22 of 46, by yjfy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

2.6 Smart video Recorder series
In the late stage of the ACTIONMEDIA II graphics card, INTEL removed the graphics display function of ACTIONMEDIA II and turned it into a Smart video Recorder series video capture card. Smart Video Recorder literally means a smart recorder that captures and compresses video analog signals into digital video files for playback and editing.
2.6.1 Smart video Recorder Product Evaluation board
Smart video Recorder Product Evaluation board
 ACTIONMEDIA_II_4592_ES.jpg
2.6.2 Smart video Recorder Qualified Product
 Smart video Recorder Qualified Product
Smart_video_Recorder.jpg
Smart_video_Recorder_5.jpg

Reply 23 of 46, by yjfy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

2.6.3 Smart video Recorder pro
Although the ACTIONMEDIA III and MAESTRO projects were aborted, the BORG, CGA and i750PE chips were provided for the Smart video Recorder pro.Creative has similar products available.
SMART VIDEO RECORDER PRO Qualified Product
EJMPCVD11XX.jpg
 2.7.4 Smart video Recorder III
  Smart Video Recorder III does not use INTEL's i750 series chips, nor is it the ISA/MCA interface used by INTEL's first-generation graphics cards. A PCI-based Smart Video Recorder III video card made an inexplicable end to INTEL's first-generation graphics card in 1996.
Smart video Recorder III Qualified Product
  EJMPCVD19XX.jpg
    Intel's first-generation graphics project began in 1989 with ACTIONMEDIA, and finally in 1996 the Smart Video Recorder III, which lasted eight years. Because the products are rarely seen on personal computers, their popularity is so low that they are forgotten.

Reply 24 of 46, by yjfy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

3. 2 years of granding (1997-1998)
Intel's first generation of discrete graphics is based on the i750 chip ISA/MCA interface graphics card, the second generation of discrete graphics is the well-known AGP interface 3D graphics. It’s weird, it’s not a graphics card based on Intel’s PCI interface. Perhaps Intel is extremely confident about the i750 chip-based graphics card and missed the era of PCI graphics.
3.1 PCI version graphics card
Although Intel has not officially launched PCI discrete graphics, there are still some Intel-related PCI graphics cards.
3.1.1 Purchase graphics card
In the era of ISA graphics, Intel has used VIDEO 7 INC graphics cards. Intel, Intel also directly purchased graphics cards from PCI cards, such as ATi graphics cards.
mach32_1.jpg
mach32.jpg
3.1.2 ODM graphics card
    In the era of PCI graphics, Intel has a partnership with VIDEO 7 INC. SPEA Software AG acquired VIDEO 7 INC. SPEA Software AG gives Intel ODM PCI graphics cards.
intel_928.jpg 
3.1.3 Acquisition of graphics card company
 In order to acquire the relevant technology, in July 1997, Intel acquired Chips & Technologies, which was the leader in 2D display design and R&D. Intel's move is not only to avoid the embarrassing situation that no graphics card is available in the era of PCI graphics, but also a sign of vigorously entering the graphics card market.
 DKHIQV-PCI Development board
 DKHIQV-PCI_BOARD.jpg
    This DKHIQV-PCI Development board has an "INTEL" label.

Reply 25 of 46, by yjfy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

3.2 i740 chip series graphics card
Intel's second-generation discrete graphics card began in the second half of 1997 with the AGP interface graphics card developed by Intel and Real3D, codenamed "Auburn", and was released in January 1998.
   The i740 is manufactured in a 0.35 micron process and is a 64Bit graphics core with a core operating speed synchronized to the AGP bus at 66MHz. The i740 is the first true AGP 2X graphics card. Supports up to 8MB of SGRAM/SDRAM memory. The pixel fill rate is 55M Pixels/s, the triangle generation speed is 0.5-1M Trianglws/s triangle generation speed is 5-10 million per second, and the 203MHz RAMDAC is built in. Although the i740's 2D speed is average, its 3D performance is not bad, and it can fully support hardware DVD playback.

3.2.1 INTEL740 Evaluation board
The following picture shows the intel i740 chip evaluation board. The right side of the front side of the PCB on the graphics card is marked with the "INTEL740 Evaluation board". The PCB date was 3497 and it appeared before August 1997.
 INTEL740 Evaluation board
INTEL740_E_1.jpg
Although the i740 chip was developed by Real3d, the chip is marked with Intel's logo. It can be seen that intel pays attention to the i740.
3.2.2 Real3D StarFighter-ISV Evaluation board
    This is the chip evaluation board of the i740 chip SDRAM memory version. It seems that Real3D and Intel are responsible for chip evaluation of SDRAM and SGRAM versions respectively.
 StarFighter-ISV Evaluation board
StarFighter-ISV.jpg

Reply 26 of 46, by yjfy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

3.2.3 Intel740 Reference board
The front right side of the PCB on the Intel 740 graphics card is labeled "INTELi740 reference board". Intel had planned to let other manufacturers make graphics cards according to this reference design. In fact, based on cost considerations, no one vendor used this luxurious design, and even Intel itself launched Express 3D graphics cards to be streamlined and streamlined.
 INTELi740 reference board
intel740_reference_board_1.jpg

Reply 27 of 46, by yjfy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

3.2.4 Express 3D
On April 15, 1998, Intel officially released the express 3D graphics card, which is the first generation of Intel independent graphics card commonly used on the Internet. After reading the previous information, I think you will only agree that it is the first generation of Intel 3D graphics card.
3.2.4.1 Express 3D Evaluation board
Product evaluation board for Express 3D, date of manufacture 9804.
 Express 3D Evaluation board
 Express_3D_SGRAM_ES_2.jpg
3.2.4.2 Express 3D Test board
   This Express 3D graphics card is a Test board that intel completes the design and is in trial production, which is no different from the official retail product. Compared with the Express 3D graphics Evaluation board, you can see obvious changes from the picture: the core version of the graphics card is upgraded, the BIOS version is updated from the 002 version to the 003 version that is consistent with the official product, and the failed certification is reduced from four to two. The two vertical rows of resistors under the fan interface change from full to full soldering. Also, the date of this card PCB is 98 years and 09 weeks, and the official release date of Express 3D graphics card is April 15, 1998, which is equivalent to 15 weeks in 1998. The test for the media evaluation agency is mainly the Test board before the release date.
Express 3D Test board
express_3d_4m_sgram_es.jpg

Reply 28 of 46, by yjfy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

3.2.4.3 Express 3D SGRAM
   The first civilian-grade graphics card with fan cooling.
   Express 3D Qualified Product
Express_3D_sgram.jpg
   The shrink film of the Express 3D graphics card has an intel logo, as if opening the box would destroy its integrity. Take a look at the rabbit brother's collection.
i740.jpg
(Source: t-cpu.com)
   Compared to the ACTIONMEDIA 750, the box of the Express 3D graphics card is really too small.
intel_box.jpg
3.2.3.4 Express 3D SDRAM
    Express 3D SDRAM memory version.
Express 3D SDRAM Qualified Product
Express_3D_sdram_2198.jpg

Reply 29 of 46, by yjfy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

3.3 i752 chip series graphics card
On April 27, 1999, Intel released i752 (codename: Portola) and i754 (codename: Coloma). The i752 uses a 128Bit graphics core with a core frequency of 100MHz and a maximum memory support of 133MHz and a maximum of 16MB. The pixel fill rate is 100M Pixels/s, the triangle generation speed is 3.3M Trianglws/s, and the built-in 250MHz RAMDAC. It adopts dual pixel pipeline to support environmental atomization, single-cycle texture synthesis, 16-bit Z-buffer, bump map, texture compression and other technologies. In addition, it has improved graphics acceleration performance that can be accelerated for various graphics streaming formats at the time. The difference between the two chips is that one supports AGP2× and one supports AGP4×.
I752 and i754, this is just an improved product of the i740 with limited performance. The i752 chip shipments are limited, and only a small number of graphics cards have been produced by Gainward. The i754 chip project was withdrawn.
3.3.1 Intel752 Reference board
    The display chip date of this i752 reference board is 9917.
 Intel752 Reference board   
intel752_reference_Board.jpg

Reply 30 of 46, by yjfy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

3.3.2 Gainward i752 commemorative card
    At Computex 99, intel sent the i752 graphics card to 50 lucky viewers, which is the Gengyu i752. The only symbolic sale of the i752 chip graphics card. After reading the following pictures, you will understand why intel does not sell i752 chips.
Gainward i752 commemorative card
i752.jpg
i752 Chip
i752_1.jpg

The i752 chip above is a formal chip with a date of 9919.
i752 chip engineering sample
 i752_9920.jpg
The above picture is a sample version of the i752 chip project submitted by friend NEST, dated at 9920, later than the official version of the Gengyu i752 commemorative card, 9919. It shows that the official version of the chip is not perfect, there are many problems, just intel in order not to jump the ticket, only to sell a very small number of i752 official chips. Because Intel has no energy to solve the problem after it becomes a graphics card, why? And listen to the next decomposition.

Reply 31 of 46, by yjfy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

4.20 years of growing(1999-present)
   The I740 chip graphics card is undoubtedly more successful, but it is at the low end in the graphics card market. At this time, the 3D graphics card market is full of smoke, INTEL enters the 3D graphics card market by buying and buying, Intel technology deposition is limited, technology integration, innovation takes time, can only find another way.
On February 20, 1997, Cyrix launched the Media GX chip of the IT industry's first chip integration solution (All in One). This epoch-making concept, "Integration," was later understood by Intel and introduced an "Integrated Graphics" solution in early 1999. On April 26, the i810 chipset with integrated i740 display core was released. The i810 has achieved unprecedented success in the market and has contributed greatly to the popularity of integrated chipsets.
4.1Integrated Graphics
The i740 and i752 display cores are integrated into the north bridge chip of the i810/815 motherboard chipset, which shows that the core occupies part of the main memory of the computer during operation, which reduces the performance of the computer, but the cost and power consumption of the entire platform is lower.
4.1.1 i810 Series
The question about whether the i810 integrates the i740 or the i752 display core has been debated. The display chip date of the i752 reference board in this paper is 9817, and the date of the i810 North Bridge chip integrated with the display core on the CA810 motherboard is 9816. It is impossible for the i810 chip to integrate the i752 display core, which is also in the engineering sample stage, and should be the i740 display core.   
The i810 series has i810, i810E and i810E2.
4.1.1.1 i810Chip
The i810 chip was released on April 26, 1998, and the first cluster display board CA810 was released on June 25.
i810 chip engineering sample
CA810_2.jpg
CA810 Mainboard Engineering Sample
CA810_3.jpg

Reply 32 of 46, by yjfy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

4.1.1.2 i810EChip
Released on September 27, 1998. The difference between the i810E chip and the i810 chip is to support the 133MHZ FSB.
This unknown brand-name motherboard uses a rare i810E engineering sample chip.
i810E chip engineering sample
810E.jpg
810E_1.jpg

Reply 33 of 46, by yjfy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

4.1.2 i815 Series
The i815 chip has built-in i752 display chip and adds digital video signal output port (DVOP). There are four kinds of i815, i815E, i815G and i815EG.
4.1.2.1 i815 Chip
    Released on June 19, 2000, the display core is the final result of the i752 graphics card project.
i815 chip engineering sample
D815BN_2.jpg
D815BN Mainboard Engineering Sample
D815BN.jpg

Reply 34 of 46, by yjfy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

4.1.3 Extreme Graphics Series

In 2002, Intel introduced the i845G/E chipset with integrated "Extreme Graphics", which has significantly improved performance compared to the previous generation. The core frequency is 200MHz in the i845G, and the core frequency is 266MHz in the i845GE. The performance is close to that of Nvidia. Geforece2 MX 200, Extreme Graphics supports DVMT technology, which can dynamically call memory from the system, from the initial call 8MB to call 48MB.Products are i845G, i845GL, i845GV, i845GE.
4.1.3.1 i845G
i845G Chip
 D845GERG2_2.jpg
D845GERG2 Mainboard
D845GERG2.jpg
4.1.3.2 ADD expansion card (Advanced digital display)
   The ADD expansion card is not a stand-alone device. It must work in conjunction with the Intel Graphics Memory Controller Hub (GMCH) to provide high quality digital signal output. It provides an external graphics processing engine via a 1.5v AGP interface that provides digital signal output.
Intel's PB C58792-002 ADD card adopts full-height design and supports DVI/video input and output. It is used in 845G series chipset motherboard. This card can output integrated graphics to the LCD through the AGP interface of the motherboard, and add extra Video input and output functions.
PB C58792-002 Engineering Sample
PB_C58792-002.jpg

Reply 35 of 46, by yjfy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

4.1.4 Extreme Graphics II Series
 Intel has improved on Extreme Graphics and released Extreme Graphics II. Products are i865G, i865GV.
i865GV Chip

MSI MS-7101 Mainboard Engineering Sample

4.1.5 Graphics Media AcceleratorSeries
On June 21, 2004, GMA (Graphics Media Accelerator) Intel graphics chip was born. GMA is Intel's built-in graphics core product line from 2004 to 2008. Products are i910, i915, i945 series and so on.
i945 Chip Engineering Sample

MSI MS-7161 Mainboard Engineering Sample

Last edited by yjfy on 2021-08-31, 06:16. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 36 of 46, by yjfy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

4.2 CPU with integrated graphics
On the afternoon of January 8, 2010, Intel held a new Intel Core Launch Conference in Beijing. Intel officially released the latest revolutionary products worldwide, based on the new 32nm process Core i7, i5, i3 processor products. The Core i5/i3, which uses the Westmere architecture and is code-named Clarkdale, pioneered the integration of processors. It is the first CPU integrated with a GPU graphics core. The CPU is integrated with the GPU chip for the first time.
    Here are a few representative Core processors. 
4.2.1 Core 1st generation

The new generation Core i3/i5 processor, code-named Clarkdale, is packaged on the same substrate as the CPU. Although the CPU/GPU is packaged on the same substrate for the first time, the CPU part and the GPU part are independent. The CPU part adopts the 32nm process, and the GPU part adopts the 45nm process. The name is changed from GMA to HD Graphic's GPU core frequency. At 733MHz, performance is up to 50% higher than the previous generation GMA X4500HD. Although Clarkdale has not yet fully integrated the two cores of CPU and GPU, it is already a big breakthrough. 

(Image courtesy of www.expreview.com)

Core i3 Desktop version engineering sample

Core i3 mobile version Engineering sample

H55 chip motherboard

4.2.2 Core 2nd generation
In January 2011, Intel released a new Sandy Bridge architecture, which first merged the GPU chip with the CPU, and the built-in graphics core was upgraded to HD Graphics 2000/3000. There are 6 and 12 EU programmable shaders respectively.
Opened Core i3 2100
4.2.3 Core 4th generation
   Core 4th generation enhances display performance. Added eDRAM memory, supports 4K x 2K resolution, and upgraded high-speed video synchronization technology to make graphics images decode faster. The Intel HD Graphics 5200, codenamed GT3e, is called Iris Pro and has an eDRAM module that represents the strongest display performance of this generation.
  On the fourth generation of Core processor CPU board, there are two cores, the small core is eDRAM memory. From this Core CPU board, the CPU core is no longer monotonous, and there will always be other cores. 

Last edited by yjfy on 2021-08-31, 06:15. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 37 of 46, by yjfy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

4.3 Larrabee
 Intel's third-generation discrete graphics Larrabee was first announced at SIGGRAPH in 2008. Larrabee intends to build a stand-alone GPU and GPGPU using the x86 instruction set. It was originally expected that “Larrabee” will be launched in the third quarter of 2008 and officially released in 2009, but in fact there were engineering samples in 2009.

In June 2009, Intel claimed that the prototype of Larrabee was comparable to the NVIDIA Geforce GTX 285. On November 4, 2009, Intel officially announced that Larrabee will not be released as a consumer GPU product. Instead, it will compete with Nvidia Tesla as a development platform for graphics and high-performance computing.On May 31, 2010, Intel completely canceled the Larrabee graphics card project.

4.3.1 Larrabee Chip evaluation board

The PCB date of this black PCB version is 0910 weeks.

Larrabee.jpg
Filename
Larrabee.jpg
File size
201.04 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
Larrabee_1.jpg
Filename
Larrabee_1.jpg
File size
542.08 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
Larrabee_2.jpg
Filename
Larrabee_2.jpg
File size
286.92 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
Last edited by yjfy on 2022-12-03, 12:40. Edited 3 times in total.

Reply 38 of 46, by yjfy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

4.3.2 Larrabee Product evaluation board

The PCB date is 1022 weeks and the GPU date is 1017 weeks.

LRB_Slaventus86_1.jpg
Filename
LRB_Slaventus86_1.jpg
File size
680.64 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
LRB_Slaventus86.jpg
Filename
LRB_Slaventus86.jpg
File size
938.38 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
LRB_Slaventus86_2.jpg
Filename
LRB_Slaventus86_2.jpg
File size
639.76 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

(From Slaventus86)​

Last edited by yjfy on 2022-12-03, 12:42. Edited 5 times in total.

Reply 39 of 46, by yjfy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

4.3.3 Knights Ferry

The version is neither marked with "Rev ?" nor "LARRABEE GPU" on the PCB. It is already Knights Ferry. It can still be called a Larrabee graphics card because it has a video signal output interface.

Knights_Ferry_leodanmarjod.jpg
Filename
Knights_Ferry_leodanmarjod.jpg
File size
224.31 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
Knights_Ferry_leodanmarjod_1.jpg
Filename
Knights_Ferry_leodanmarjod_1.jpg
File size
245.66 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

(From leodanmarjod)

Knights Ferry, which has no video signal output interface, has transformed from a LARRABEE GPU to a Xeon Phi Coprocessor.

larrabee_ES_2.jpg
Filename
larrabee_ES_2.jpg
File size
115.82 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
Knights_Ferry_ZZC_2.JPG
Filename
Knights_Ferry_ZZC_2.JPG
File size
100.05 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

(From PCANG.com)

Last edited by yjfy on 2022-12-03, 12:49. Edited 6 times in total.