kolderman wrote on 2020-05-27, 06:59:
1. Just put it in next to the viper, and leave the viper drivers alone. Then install the voodoo drivers. They work side by side.
2. No. It's not a video card. Bios will not recognize a display device and neither will win98.
It should not be that hard to get working.
So i installed card next to viper, monster3d ii drivers installed like a charm. Unreal in Glide 3dfx works perfect under 800x600.
A few questions:
1. 3dfx Glide in Unreal tournament gives me only 16bit texture to choose from. Is my voodoo2 not capable to provide 32bit textures? My viper can produce 32bit texture in win98.
2. Game-wise: Aliens vs Predator ran on the viper. Since I wired it to the monster 3d ii card the game starts perfect in menu. Than start a new game, when intro movie is done it starts rendering the game...Then the monitor doesen't receive signal. The game is still working, I can hear sound. Even keys work normally. It's just that monitor isn't getting signal. I tried to alter video card in settings but it only let's me choose the Viper.
So it's passed through the monster 3d but should still be working for the game? Is there something to change this other than to put monitor straight into viper. Seems the game doesn't see the "wire-through"?
3. I hear and see about "fastvoodoo" drivers. I installed the original Diamond monster 3d ii drivers. Is there any difference or possible gain by using Fastvoodoo drivers?