VOGONS

First post, by 65C02

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey guys,

I copied my GOG version of Incoming to a Windows 98 PC with a Voodoo 3000 video card, but I can't seem to find the rendering mode options. I was playing it on a Windows XP PC with a Geforce 6600 before, so I think it was using Direct 3D or maybe OpenGL on that system. I basically just copied the game folder over to the 98 PC, so I believe it is using still using Direct 3D (the 3DFX logo doesn't appear when I run the game).

I can't find any in-game option or setup program to switch the game to Glide. Is there some extension or patch I have to run? Does the GOG version even support it?

Thanks!

Reply 3 of 7, by 65C02

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
leileilol wrote on 2020-09-06, 23:55:

Incoming is Direct3D only.

Hmm, looks like you're right. I saw Incoming on the Windows Glide Game List, but upon further inspection it looks like only the version that shipped with Voodoo2 cards run in Glide mode. Bummer. Guess I'll continue running it on my XP PC then.

Thanks

Reply 4 of 7, by kolderman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
65C02 wrote on 2020-09-08, 21:32:
leileilol wrote on 2020-09-06, 23:55:

Incoming is Direct3D only.

Hmm, looks like you're right. I saw Incoming on the Windows Glide Game List, but upon further inspection it looks like only the version that shipped with Voodoo2 cards run in Glide mode. Bummer. Guess I'll continue running it on my XP PC then.

Thanks

Err....if there exists a version with Glide support it can be said the game supports Glide. Just find a copy of the Glide version!

Reply 7 of 7, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yes we know Qemu is the most amazing thing in the world. It has nothing to do with this thread though.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline