l33t++

🙁

for example Monster Truck Madness 1

Reply 3 of 19, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

just to make sure, i am talking about result picture not being generated in for example 1600x1200
and not about 640x480 being stretched to 1600x1200 resulting a blurred image (blurred objects edges)

Reply 4 of 19, by legion_pheonix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
robertmo wrote on 2020-08-15, 06:42:

🙁
for example Monster Truck Madness 1

Dege wrote on 2020-08-16, 15:53:

What happens if you set the 'Desktop Resolution' manually to the real one on the GeneralExt tab?

Just checked out Monster Truck Madness. The game runs in fullscreen and has no problems. Another thing is when the game menu appears, it becomes windowed at 640x480, if you start the race, then the game becomes full screen again and works great at 60fps.

Reply 5 of 19, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Works fine here too:

MONSTER 2020-08-16 21-01-52-53.jpg
Filename
MONSTER 2020-08-16 21-01-52-53.jpg
File size
415.06 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Are you using a standard config, with just the resolution set?

Have you enabled hardware acceleration in options? dgVoodoo can't force resolution if hardware acceleration isn't enabled.

And obviously dgVoodoo can't do anything about the 640x480 menus, they aren't DirectDraw/Direct3D.

Reply 7 of 19, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Resolution and sharpness are two very, very different things.

Resolution can increase perceived sharpness when there's detail that's lost in textures because of a too low resolution, but when the textures are so low resolution that all detail is shown at lower resolution then there isn't much to gain.

That said, I'm thinking you probably have a config issue. Are you using the default config, with just resolution setting changed?

Reply 9 of 19, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If you're going to start pointing out all the jpg images you see on the internet, you have a long and boring life ahead of you.

Unless you're telling me you can't tell whether the image I posted is 640x480 or rendered at a higher resolution because of some jpg compression, in which case you need to see an eye doctor.

Reply 10 of 19, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
robertmo wrote on 2020-08-16, 19:22:

ok, it looks very high resolution is indeed working
i guess i was confused, cause for some reason i cannot see a razor sharp picture

i just mean that the "cause for some reason i cannot see a razor sharp picture" effect is not visible on your picture

Reply 12 of 19, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

My pictures proves I have the game running at 4K, and that all 3D geometry is rendered at 4K. That's what you asserted wasn't the case.

No one really knows what your problem is, because "image is not sharp" can mean a lot of things. Could for example mean anti-aliasing is on, which is the case in my screenshot.

Reply 18 of 19, by kjliew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It looked like you were not using Hardware Acceleration. The game can also run in windowed mode *without* hardware acceleration regardless of your Graphics settings. Press F4 to enter fullscreen to enable hardware acceleration. The screenshot was missing an upper-right circle.
QEMU rendered at upscaled 1400x1050

mtm.png
Filename
mtm.png
File size
1.38 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception