User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Recently purchased and reviewed the Simon The Sorcerer Double Pack:
PCCE_SSDP_4218.jpg

And this Rayman Double Pack I have had for a while:
PCCE_RORL_4746.jpg

Most of the collection currently fits on a single shelf, since only a handful are "big box" versions:
P-20200829-212638.jpg

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys

Reply 82 of 128, by Law212

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
dr_st wrote on 2020-11-18, 11:06:
BetaC wrote on 2020-11-17, 21:19:

Now if we are talking steam releases, I have a bunch. When it comes to physical releases, though, I'm only starting to grab PC games.
image0.jpg
They occupy a shelf that is otherwise filled with Nintendo and Sega console cartridges, and the only games I have coming in the immediate future are the Limited Run Games releases of Dark Forces and Jedi Knight.

Funny, these almost look like VHS tapes. 😁 I recently found a VHS set of Star Wars - the original trilogy that someone put next to the recycling bin at the street corner. Wanted to show them to the kids for them to know how people used to watch videos at home. Alas, I don't have a VCR anymore, and the one I borrowed from a friend apparently sat in the garage for too long and rejects tapes. 😜

I still have a VCR. Luckily it was still at my moms place because I use to to Digitize our old Home videos on VHS. I also have some old VHS movies. i used to love horror movies on VHS because of how gritty it looked.

Reply 83 of 128, by kolderman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Been after this for a while, and got it boxed complete with game guide!

Attachments

Reply 85 of 128, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The Steelbook "Limited Collector's Edition" of Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands is quite nice as it turns out. The PC version was not as common as the PS3/X360 releases, but there are still copies, even new, floating around:
POPTFS-94430.jpg
POPTFS-20903.jpg

Comparing to the Russian Special Edition:
https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/prince- … op-tfs-limited/

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys

Reply 87 of 128, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Playing Bard's Tale on the Amiga and reading Lord of the Rings for the frst time before sleep.

Good times.. Good times...

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 89 of 128, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Errius wrote on 2021-01-06, 14:56:

I heavily played the first two games in the 1990s. I remember using Microsoft Excel to produce maps of the dungeons.

I had an Amiga right up till 1993 so I did not have Excel to do the job.. But a LOT of graph paper was used.

Same for dungeon crawlers like Dungeon Master and Eye of the Beholder. The latter and its teleport puzzles would make me tear my hair out frequently.

Like I said.. Good times. Simpler times. Very, very good times.

I want to go back....

Reply 91 of 128, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Errius wrote on 2021-01-06, 15:36:

I still remember some of the spells. ARFI got a lot of use, IIRC.

Isn't that like the one similar to Burning Hands from D&D? I remember it scaled well with level 🤣. I would go back and replay the whole trilogy (I don't know that I actually played them all to be honest) but they were tediously grindy IIRC and I'm not sure I can put up with such waste of my time in my old age.

Reply 92 of 128, by Errius

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yes, these games were colossal time sinks. Pretty much the WoW of their day.

There was also a shareware game which I remember playing called Ancients: Deathwatch that was a blatant rip-off of the Bards Tale games. It was in VGA so looked better than the originals, which were EGA only.

Is this too much voodoo?

Reply 93 of 128, by Law212

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Recently added this to my collection. I had this game for years. I bought it for 15 dollars on a trip to Ottawa one time. Somehow it went missing from my collection and finding it again was tough. And cost me a lot more than 15 dollars this time.

Im happy to have it again. Its in great shape. I immediately installed it on my 486 and played through it. Great game.

3ptfcG3b.jpg

Reply 94 of 128, by Law212

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Also, got this in the mail recently. I was introduced to this , Cobra Mission, and Metal and Lace when a guy from Hong Kong came to our school in grade 7. Glad to have this to go along with the other 2 games

Q0AhzK4h.jpg
KWc62aPh.jpg
DSwvlDQh.jpg

Reply 95 of 128, by kolderman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Been waiting for this one to show up locally for a couple of years. Finally a pristine one did, got it for a song too.

Attachments

Reply 96 of 128, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Turns out there is one version of the Heroes 1-5 collection that includes CD audio tracks for Heroes 1 and 2.
https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/pc-game … t-magic-heroes/

PCCE_M&MH_0011.jpg

Reply 97 of 128, by kixs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Moved my games from cardboard boxes to temporary shelves just to see what I have 🤣 I really should finish my work/retro room by now ...

nhLyNgAl.jpg

List:

Descent
Flight Unlimited
Flight Unlimited II
Flight Unlimited III
Atomic Bomberman
Comanche CD
Age of Empires
Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings
Screamer 2
Descent 2
Command & Conquer - The Covert Operations
Command & Conquer Red Alert - Counterstrike
F-15 Strike Eagle III
Falcon 3.0
Grand Prix
Grand Prix 2
Grand Prix 3
Aliens VS Predator
Future Shock
Command & Conquer - The Covert Operations
Dune 2000
The Need For Speed SE
Need For Speed II
Need For Speed II SE
Need For Speed III
Need For Speed High Stakes
Need for Speed Road Challenge
Need for Speed Porsche 2000
Falcon 4.0
Longbow 2
Enemy Engaged
Moto Racer
Forsaken
Quake III Arena
Quake II
Elite Force
F-15
Command & Conquer
Screamer
ProPinball Fantastic Journey
Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun
Pinball Fantasies
Warcraft II Deluxe Edition
Ignition
F-15 Strike Eagle
F-15 Strike Eagle II
F-15 Strike Eagle II Addon
Driver
F-22
Street Fighter II
Sports Car GT
Network Q Rally Championship
Descent The Definitive Collection
Dune II Battle for Arrakis
Screamer Rally
Cannon Fodder
SU-27 Flanker
Comanche Maximum Overkill
Tilt

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2
Grand Prix 4
Dawn of War
Dawn of War: Winter Assault

Requests are also possible... /msg kixs

Reply 98 of 128, by dinth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Mix of Amiga and pc games

Attachments

Reply 99 of 128, by svfn

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

A spot for some of the small box games. It is kinda unsorted due to the space, don't mind the two non PC games among them.

Attachments

SS7: K6-2/350 | FIC PA-2013 2.1 | 32MB PC-100 | 3dfx V3 2000 AGP | AWE64 CT4520 | Win98SE
On MobyGames