VOGONS

dgVoodoo 2.7.x and related WIP versions

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 441 of 474, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
FulValBot wrote on 2021-05-02, 08:20:

Try to edit that .ini file

Why?

The lastest version solved the lag, it was a MASSIVE lag IN THE MENU, not the one you point and every Unreal player knows well since ages 😁
It's related to how the new limiter works. Now it's pretty solved.

Reply 442 of 474, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Sorry for being inactive here. Unfortunately, due to other IRL activities, I have minimal time I can spend on dgVoodoo and related things. 🙁

-----------

Unreal2 + input lag: dgVoodoo 2.74 indeed can cause input lags with limited fps, but only with D3D12 (and typically at high, 100+ fps's).
That's what I fixed in 2.74.1, now it works the same way as in D3D11.
Try the game without fps limiting but forced v-sync. V-sync itself is an fps limiter and that of dgVoodoo works the same way, as if the frame presentation were vsynced to an 'fps-limit-number' Hz display.

Reply 443 of 474, by FulValBot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have fixed Mafia1 stuttering issue... it was caused by APM of my HDD... so i suggest to disable it (all games are affected); only some hdd and ssd support it, and it's always enabled by default when supported

Can you add an option to disable it in dgVoodoo2 or it's impossible? Crystaldiskinfo has an option to disable it, but it still disabled only until power off of pc

Reply 445 of 474, by antrad

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote on 2021-05-18, 14:19:

Sorry for being inactive here. Unfortunately, due to other IRL activities, I have minimal time I can spend on dgVoodoo and related things. 🙁

Don't worry about it. You alone, in your free time, already did more for old PC games than what Microsoft did for Xbox backwards compatibility with all their engineers and billions.

https://antonior-software.blogspot.com

Reply 446 of 474, by dummy13

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote on 2021-05-18, 14:19:
Sorry for being inactive here. Unfortunately, due to other IRL activities, I have minimal time I can spend on dgVoodoo and relat […]
Show full quote

-----------

Unreal2 + input lag: dgVoodoo 2.74 indeed can cause input lags with limited fps, but only with D3D12 (and typically at high, 100+ fps's).
That's what I fixed in 2.74.1, now it works the same way as in D3D11.
Try the game without fps limiting but forced v-sync. V-sync itself is an fps limiter and that of dgVoodoo works the same way, as if the frame presentation were vsynced to an 'fps-limit-number' Hz display.

sir Dege, please communicate with Functor. The owner of Gepard Shield in Ragnarok Online to do update your work DgVoodoo 2.74 regular usage
you can communicate with him at https://rathena.org/

Reply 448 of 474, by MrPepka

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Dege, this is my question. Is it possible to repair a damaged color palette in games based on the RenderWare v3.04 engine? These games include Scooter Pro and Roller Coaster Mania 1 and 2. The damaged color palette in these games only appears on NVIDIA graphics cards. Additionally, Fighting Steel: World War II Surface Combat 1939-1942 games are not compatible with these cards (there is a fix in the form of the Fighting Stell Project mod) and RPM Tuning. I covered all of these issues in these threads on sourceforge - https://sourceforge.net/p/dxwnd/discussion/ge … ead/a3364d0de9/ https://sourceforge.net/p/dxwnd/discussion/ge … ead/8dc8f6f99f/ https://sourceforge.net/p/dxwnd/discussion/ge … ead/47d2dec095/
Unfortunately, even the author of the DxWnd program, i.e. ghotik, has no idea how to fix it. WineD3D also doesn't help or other wrappers

Reply 450 of 474, by MrPepka

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Most likely this is not just one engine problem as Fighting Steel and RPM Tuning appear to run on different engines but have similar problems. NVIDIA developers are unlikely to be interested in this as these games have lost support and will probably bounce the ball because "these games are old and won't work on new systems".

Reply 451 of 474, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Not sure why you think these issues are related, when gho wrote in one of the threads you linked to that it isn't related.

Also not sure what you want. If you want it working in dgVoodoo, you should test if they work in dgVoodoo first as to not waste dege's time. If you just want to find a way to play them, then you also should test them in dgVoodoo first (Fighting Steel / Roller Coaster Mania 2 both works in dgVoodoo, didn't test Roller Coaster Mania 1). If you want dege to help gho figuring out these games then that's the only scenario where not testing in dgVoodoo before asking and wasting people's time makes sense.

Midnight Outlaw Six Hours to Sun Up doesn't work properly in dgVoodoo, as I mentioned here:
Midnight Outlaw Six Hours To Sun Up
It however works perfectly fine in WineD3D 4.5:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfWPdqywjFw

Scooter Pro doesn't work in dgVoodoo (blue/purple screen). That said it does work in GOG's wrapper which you can run by itself or wrap again to dgVoodoo/D3D9 for dgVoodoo features. But that requires buying a game that has the latest version of that wrapper (I used MGS version). I also couldn't get mipmapping working (not sure if GOG wrapper or terrible game, I'd suspect the latter). Also interesting observation, open game's executable in a hex editor and find 20 3D 00 0F 00 , replace 000F with FFFF to disable the game's resolution limit. Wonder if it's there for a good reason?

Reply 452 of 474, by MrPepka

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I wanted to help you solve the problem because I am not able to run these problematic games properly (although I will check WineD3D with RPM Tuning and I know that Fighting Steel Project fixes the problem with Fighting Steel). So the problem is with Scooter Pro and Roller Coaster Mania 1 and 2. Besides, Scooter Pro is on sale on GOG.com? I haven't seen that game there

Reply 459 of 474, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've already written twice that you can't get the wrapper separately:

ZellSF wrote on 2021-05-30, 17:25:

But that requires buying a game that has the latest version of that wrapper (I used MGS version).

ZellSF wrote on 2021-05-31, 19:41:

but you can just copy it from those titles and use it for other games. Re-distributing it is probably illegal though.