VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 120 of 217, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have linked the online spreadsheet form of this list. This list isn't complete, and such I haven't made it publicly editable. You could have a look and tell me what I should add/ remove from here.

The link is provided in the main post.

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 121 of 217, by vlad54rus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Serious Sam: The First Encounter and Serious Sam: The Second Encounter can be added to the list.
1. Developer - Croteam, Publisher - Gathering of Developers, Year - 2001, API - Direct3D/OpenGL.
2. Developer - Croteam, Publisher - Gathering of Developers, Year - 2002, API - Direct3D/OpenGL.
OpenGL is recommended as D3D may have performance issues.

Reply 122 of 217, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
vlad54rus wrote on 2021-02-20, 16:19:
Serious Sam: The First Encounter and Serious Sam: The Second Encounter can be added to the list. 1. Developer - Croteam, Publish […]
Show full quote

Serious Sam: The First Encounter and Serious Sam: The Second Encounter can be added to the list.
1. Developer - Croteam, Publisher - Gathering of Developers, Year - 2001, API - Direct3D/OpenGL.
2. Developer - Croteam, Publisher - Gathering of Developers, Year - 2002, API - Direct3D/OpenGL.
OpenGL is recommended as D3D may have performance issues.

You could add some more info on installation, and patches(only official updates) used on the game. For D3D performance fix, you could use dgVoodoo2, aqrit's wrapper or DDrawCompat, DxWnd and check if the performance is good then. Other information like how well the game runs, like if every cutscene and video works, every graphical setting works, etc in the game. Make sure that the aforementioned or any wrapper you use allow you to play the videos, cutscenes, and you don't break any feature in this process.

Reply 123 of 217, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

New titles-

Age of Sail 2
Age of Sail 2 Privateer's Bounty
Animorphs Know the Secrets
Ed Hunter
Edgar Torronteras' eXtreme Biker
Jane's WWII Fighters
Jane's ATF Advanced Tactical Fighters Gold

Last edited by BEEN_Nath_58 on 2021-02-26, 10:56. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 124 of 217, by vlad54rus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Discrete_BOB_058 wrote on 2021-02-26, 06:06:

You could add some more info on installation, and patches(only official updates) used on the game. For D3D performance fix, you could use dgVoodoo2, aqrit's wrapper or DDrawCompat, DxWnd and check if the performance is good then. Other information like how well the game runs, like if every cutscene and video works, every graphical setting works, etc in the game. Make sure that the aforementioned or any wrapper you use allow you to play the videos, cutscenes, and you don't break any feature in this process.

Both games and their patches (1.05 and 1.07) install right away, don't need compatibility fixes. All graphical effects work (except for Truform/N-Patches as nothing today supports it), cutscenes all fine. OpenGL runs great while Direct3D has lower framerate, stutters and non-working anisotropic filtering. dgVoodoo2 doesn't really help and DxWnd just crashes the game.

Spoiler
SSTFE_OGL.png
Filename
SSTFE_OGL.png
File size
1.03 MiB
Views
File comment
OpenGL
File license
CC-BY-4.0
SSTFE_D3D.png
Filename
SSTFE_D3D.png
File size
837.82 KiB
Views
File comment
Direct3D
File license
CC-BY-4.0
SSTFE_dgVoodoo2.png
Filename
SSTFE_dgVoodoo2.png
File size
840.53 KiB
Views
File comment
Direct3D+dgVoodoo2.72
File license
CC-BY-4.0

My PC:
Win 10 1809
FX-4170
GTX 660

Reply 125 of 217, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Lately, I haven't made much changes to the first post, I have added new titles under my testing to the online spreadsheet. It's now open for everyone to edit and add. Please note that it is not helpful to delete any information, so you can add your information and titles.

You can contribute to the list as you like, but please follow the objective: Retail games, without mods(they include things that change game data files, or add launchers; however you are allowed to use a different modded .dll or .exe file as they are linked with the system in some way; many launchers change the core engine of the game so I don't want those to be here) and of course proper WinMM support.

Reply 127 of 217, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
OliviaKind21 wrote on 2021-04-05, 10:25:
New entries: […]
Show full quote

New entries:

Midtown Madness
Project I.G.I.
Project I.G.I.-2
MDK 2
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Prince of Persia 3D

I don't see your changes anywhere, and it's exactly copied from my first set of games added 🙁

Reply 128 of 217, by Speedwarrior956

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Newman-Haas Racing.
Apparently it needs the CD to install, but the installer on said CD won't proceed as it lacks a certain .dll file, as it happens on some disc images of said game circulating on the web.
Otherwise it installs without a hitch, even on the latest versions of Windows. #JustTested
(Not sure about it's retail version though. #PleaseConfirm)

Last edited by Speedwarrior956 on 2022-11-04, 10:45. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 130 of 217, by Neonstar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The Windows 95 port of Marathon 2: Durandal installs and plays on a stock Windows 10 installation without installing any requirements, and also installs and plays on Windows 7 if DirectX 8 or 9 are installed. Multiplayer still works, too!

Reply 132 of 217, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have made a custom fix for ATF Gold a while ago.

Attachments

• Filename
    atfgold.rar
    File size
    863 Bytes
    Downloads
    108 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 133 of 217, by Deffnator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Recently GoG "updated" their installer for Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat
its still the same ol, but the game is in need of a Wing32.dll Wrapper to fix the strange stretched aspect ratio issues and Black Screens ingame if using compatibility color mode.

Reply 135 of 217, by Deffnator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
xcomcmdr wrote on 2021-06-07, 07:16:

I just use DOSBox with Windows 3.11 and Win32S in it. It works fine. I don't know why GoG continues to use native Win32 support....

Unless at E3 when MS announces that 3.11 and 95 is going free for old gaming stuff, they can't do that.

Reply 137 of 217, by Dee-Dee

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Deffnator wrote on 2021-06-07, 00:01:

its still the same ol, but the game is in need of a Wing32.dll Wrapper to fix the strange stretched aspect ratio issues and Black Screens ingame if using compatibility color mode.

Dxwnd supports WinG32 library hooking (expert mode, Hook tab, Hook WinG32) and allows games that use that library to be windowed / stretched to fit full screen. That said I have not tested how "Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat" works with it. In addition GoG probably includes their custom tweaks which could be problematic when trying to hook the game with Dxwnd.

Reply 138 of 217, by Deffnator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dee-Dee wrote on 2021-06-08, 14:27:
Deffnator wrote on 2021-06-07, 00:01:

Dxwnd supports WinG32 library hooking (expert mode, Hook tab, Hook WinG32) and allows games that use that library to be windowed / stretched to fit full screen. That said I have not tested how "Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat" works with it. In addition GoG probably includes their custom tweaks which could be problematic when trying to hook the game with Dxwnd.

I have tested it and Dxwnd's sourceforge page has a full thread about how the game works
https://sourceforge.net/p/dxwnd/discussion/ge … /2227213f/#b270

its the same bizarre stuff that Wing Commander IV did it, using wing32 GDI calls for menus and windows separately from the game itself, dgvoodoo2 has flickering issues with WCIV menus and DvD update video because of it even with gdi hook on.
even Dxwnd doesnt know what to do with it outside the existent presets.

Reply 139 of 217, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I am back, I did some changes to the original post. Following this post, all games to be added should be added directly to the spreadsheet and not posted here. Old members who posted their list here, I will add them eventually someday if they don't.