VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 121 of 166, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
digger wrote on 2021-07-31, 21:27:
Joking aside, "Ultrahound" is actually a pretty awesome sounding name. It should be adopted for one of the GUS replica projects […]
Show full quote
darry wrote on 2021-07-30, 23:14:

Gravis Ultrahound : who's the underdog of PC audio ?

Joking aside, "Ultrahound" is actually a pretty awesome sounding name. It should be adopted for one of the GUS replica projects going on in this forum. Including the slogan! 🐶

Creative Slabs : these guy only make concrete products, no vaporware here

"Without it, your buildings will decay!"

Creative Slabs sounds like the cement covered styrofoam boards they used to use / maybe still use to put A/C units on. Only good thing about them is that they are extremely light when you need to tear them out and replace them.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 123 of 166, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Returning to Cannon Fodder...

Cannon Dodder... Guide unsteady geriatrics through their shopping and errands while shells burst all round.
Cannon Hodder... As a brickies laborer, you have been pressganged into helping besieging gunners mount their artillery high on buildings and supply them with ammo using a ladder and your trusty hod.
Cannon Modder... Improve the accuracy and rate of fire of field pieces, so they can at least hit slow moving geriatrics.
Cannon Rodder... Keep the guns clean as a whistle lest they perform poorly or misfire.
Cannon Nodder... Disagreeing with the targeting of civilians contrary to Geneva Convention, you try to save as many as possible by nudging the muzzle at just the right time.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 124 of 166, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Sing Commander
more like christopher flair!!!! (may/may not be recast with matthew maconaughey)

Microsoft Fight Simulator
a very technical fisticuffs simulator always starting in Chicago for some reason. you can also choose to fight in a field while getting crop dusted or fight on the golden gate bridge. Supports joystick + mouse as separately simulated hands

Jasc Pain Shop Pro
well it feels that way on very large layered pictures with complex selections....

Mario is Pissing!
no explanation needed. thanks 'stoolworks

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 125 of 166, by shamino

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Super Mario Pros - for masochists only, known in Japan as SMB2
Karate Chump - try to break flying objects, get knocked over and laughed at. Not unlike the original.
Marble Radness - design the most excellent interiors in all of ancient Rome and win the favor of the Emperor himself.
LAMBO - an angry Vietnam veteran heads to Italy to take the car he deserves, and nobody is going to stop him.
Ice Jockey - drive the Zamboni
Teenage Mutant Niña Turtles - the drama of 4 mutated sisters trying to fit in at the local high school. Okay I don't know how the gameplay would work.
ExcitePike - the fast paced fishing game
Folden' Axe - kinda like a switchblade, but deadlier
Twisted Medal - Win the Olympics, or Die

digger wrote on 2021-07-22, 17:28:

Leisure Suit Lorry!

The '70s Retro Truck Simulator game, which nostalgically takes you back to the days of delivering clothes to department stores, back when people (with poor taste in fashion) still shopped for clothes in physical stores.

I would totally play that. I'm into American Truck Sim, but I wish it was set sometime in the 20th century instead of present day. It would add to the escapism and I feel like that was the golden era of that line of work.

Reply 126 of 166, by schmatzler

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Tachyon - The Cringe: you're playing as the captain of a starship always making dad jokes

CarCry: A "fix your car simulator" with exorbitant repair bills. Just like in real life.

Aquacox: R-rated version of Aquanox

Silent Hunger: Try to make your stomach stay quiet during meetings, interviews and other social situations

No One Gives Forever: A christmas simulator but you give no one any presents.

Shadow Ban: Vogons moderator simulator

Beyond Food and Evil: Probably something Fast Food related?

Blue (Blur): You have to color out images with only one type of crayon left.

Colony Cars: Just like The Sims but you can only use car parts to build your environments.

"Windows 98's natural state is locked up"

Reply 127 of 166, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
shamino wrote on 2021-08-01, 05:11:

Folden' Axe - kinda like a switchblade, but deadlier

Found one 🤣 https://www.amazon.com/LIANTRAL-Stainless-Mul … s/dp/B07GBNNKM8

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 129 of 166, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
darry wrote on 2021-08-02, 02:22:

Tome Raider : Never underestimate a librarian

Especially not Evie ...

tumblr_obwolcO6aM1r9gqxqo1_400.gif

Evelyn from "The Mummy" (1999)

Reply 131 of 166, by Joseph_Joestar

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
  • One Must Call 2097 (One Must Fall 2097) - A robocall simulator. You must call 2097 people daily to meet your quota
  • Fatal Lacing (Fatal Racing) - Try to reach the finish line while your shoelaces are tied together
  • Portal Kombat (Mortal Kombat) - a Portal/MK crossover
  • Callout (Fallout) - Forum simulator. You can't help yourself from calling out people when they are even slightly wrong
  • Crusader: Nu Regret (Crusader: No Regret) - It's the early 2000s and everyone regrets listening to Nu Metal. You go on a crusade to eliminate that music genre from the world

PC#1: Pentium MMX 166 / Soyo SY-5BT / S3 Trio64V+ / Voodoo1 / YMF719 / AWE64 Gold / SC-155
PC#2: AthlonXP 2100+ / ECS K7VTA3 / Voodoo3 / Audigy2 / Vortex2
PC#3: Athlon64 3400+ / Asus K8V-MX / 5900XT / Audigy2
PC#4: i5-3570K / MSI Z77A-G43 / GTX 970 / X-Fi

Reply 132 of 166, by Joseph_Joestar

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Software edition:

• Horton Commander (Norton Commander) - Project management suite for Tim Hortons employees
  • Coral Draw (Corel Draw) - Sea life drawing suite
  • RakeWalk (CakeWalk) - Compose music by raking fallen leaves and walking on them, then record the resulting noises
  • Adore Photoshop (Adobe Photoshop) - Image manipulation program that makes your pictures more adorable by randomly adding kittens and puppies everywhere

PC#1: Pentium MMX 166 / Soyo SY-5BT / S3 Trio64V+ / Voodoo1 / YMF719 / AWE64 Gold / SC-155
PC#2: AthlonXP 2100+ / ECS K7VTA3 / Voodoo3 / Audigy2 / Vortex2
PC#3: Athlon64 3400+ / Asus K8V-MX / 5900XT / Audigy2
PC#4: i5-3570K / MSI Z77A-G43 / GTX 970 / X-Fi

Reply 133 of 166, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
BitWrangler wrote on 2021-08-02, 02:35:
Especially not Evie ... […]
Show full quote

Especially not Evie ...

I wonder who would win... Evie or Conan...
tenor.gif?itemid=16166993

For those of you who have no idea what tis is from... shame on you. It is from Weird Al's movie, UHF.

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 134 of 166, by digger

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Show full quote

Especially not Evie ...

Did anybody else "see" her British accent, just through lipreading? Especially when she appeared to utter the words "got" and "first"? 😁

Reply 135 of 166, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
digger wrote on 2021-08-02, 16:00:
Show full quote

Especially not Evie ...

Did anybody else "see" her British accent, just through lipreading? Especially when she appeared to utter the words "got" and "first"? 😁

Yes, yes I did. Can you hear the British accent in your head?

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 136 of 166, by digger

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
cyclone3d wrote on 2021-08-02, 19:26:
digger wrote on 2021-08-02, 16:00:
Show full quote

Especially not Evie ...

Yes, yes I did. Can you hear the British accent in your head?

Yeah, I can. I don't remember what Rachel Weisz' voice sounds like off the top of my head, so my mind just imagines some British woman's voice to go with the animated gif, as I follow her lips and read the subtitles.

Reply 137 of 166, by digger

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The funny thing is that I just looked up some YouTube videos with scenes of her in the movie, and it turns out that my "mind's ear" had pretty much picked a well-matching voice. 😁

Okay, sorry for the tangent, back on-topic. My turn again, I suppose.

Mech Harrier - control a well-armed walking mech droid that can also transform into a VTOL jet aircraft. An impressive feat of British engineering. "We got here first!"

Reply 138 of 166, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

4D Foxing
Travel through time to aggressively protect your intellectual property from those gosh damned fanbases. In time and space, no one can hear you scream(R)

Rad Faction
Same game, just everything shoots lasers (and misses) to comply with saturday morning children's cartoon standards, looks manufactured by 80's Larami/Hasbro/Kenner and some surfer dude/valley girl slang's part of the AI's vernacular. Better rad than dad!!!! I'm so bad... Don't forget to buy all of the playsets and toys

Scar Control 3
Accolade + Legend hits it out of the park with this lone planetary survival game with the most thorough dynamic epidermis simulation a 486 can handle, forever remembered in history for an unneccessary edge-pushing print ad campaign that reaaaallly showed too much skin of an ass with the word "asss" in big print causing accolade to cut it as a loss and fold into Good Times in 1997. The ad exec involved would later join Eidos and cause more controversy with infamous ads for TITMAN

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 139 of 166, by SherbertWest

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Realms of the Taunting - Encounter horrors from beyond our realms of understanding...and the playground insults that will cleave your psyche in half.

The Yeast Within - Gabriel Knight encounters his most shocking case yet when several bakers are found murdered and their prized bread starters missing. Will he rise to the occasion, or will the proof elude him?

Cattlezone - Are you cowpoke enough to round up and drive your herd to Cheyenne riding...a tank? - Edit: this one’s already been done. Oops.

Last edited by SherbertWest on 2021-08-03, 13:56. Edited 1 time in total.