VOGONS

Reply 40 of 49, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Tetrium wrote on 2021-09-11, 12:04:

I really liked those Powerman PSUs. They seemed very similar to the old FSP PSUs, though I don't think I ever seen a 300W one (most I seen are the 235W and 250W varieties).

I am fairly certain that the Powerman that came in my H500 was a 300W version. Sadly I think it was lost during my big move. It stopped working, so I put it in a box somewhere to fix it later and it probably got tossed. I replaced it with an Antec which didn't last very long despite looking very solid, and finally an Aopen power supply which I really like.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 41 of 49, by Intel486dx33

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This is the NOS PSU I put in it because it has the extra 6-pin AUX connector that I needed and
It is more wattage than the powerman.

Attachments

Reply 42 of 49, by fitzpatr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Tetrium wrote on 2021-09-11, 12:00:
If he bothers you so much, why don't you just put him on your ignore list? If someone bothers you this much for years apparently […]
Show full quote

If he bothers you so much, why don't you just put him on your ignore list?
If someone bothers you this much for years apparently (and tbf I do see why) it's better to block him and be done with it instead of having to put up with it.
He's apparently clearly not taking in anything you say, so why say anything to him at all?

Having said that, I also just keep in mind that years later people will still find this thread and will appreciate the constructive replies and will perhaps also disregard the OPs ehm... apparenty below average IQ? Not sure how to call it without moving into trolling territory 😜

I tried that for a while. It doesn't hide Topics, of which this user makes an inordinate number.

Note that the user edited this post shortly after I called out the Google Image Search pictures and is now using a different picture of the exterior while leaving the interior picture unchanged.

I get your point about helping others looking up similar information in the future, but that seems needless given the odd specificity of posts. If you have properly identified an InWin A500, you can determine roughly which motherboards are suitable for it, otherwise you'll be in for a rough build.

I'll be honest...I have no idea what the intent is with these posts... Trolling, time wasting, thinking that they're provoking conversation, or an experiment in the development of a scripted bot.

MT-32 Old, CM-32L, CM-500, SC-55mkII, SC-88Pro, SC-D70, FB-01, MU2000EX
K6-III+/450/GA-5AX/G400 Max/Voodoo2 SLI/CT1750/MPU-401AT/Audigy 2ZS
486 Build

Reply 43 of 49, by PARKE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
fitzpatr wrote on 2021-09-11, 14:18:

I'll be honest...I have no idea what the intent is with these posts... Trolling, time wasting, thinking that they're provoking conversation, or an experiment in the development of a scripted bot.

The last suggestion does not seem plausible (anymore) - there have been way too many nonsense posts.
The simplest guess is that Intel486Sheldon is trying to obtain 'elite +' status as quickly as possible - after all he is just 10 posts away from the 4.000 mark.

Reply 44 of 49, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Anonymous Coward wrote on 2021-09-11, 12:36:
Tetrium wrote on 2021-09-11, 12:04:

I really liked those Powerman PSUs. They seemed very similar to the old FSP PSUs, though I don't think I ever seen a 300W one (most I seen are the 235W and 250W varieties).

I am fairly certain that the Powerman that came in my H500 was a 300W version. Sadly I think it was lost during my big move. It stopped working, so I put it in a box somewhere to fix it later and it probably got tossed. I replaced it with an Antec which didn't last very long despite looking very solid, and finally an Aopen power supply which I really like.

I also used some AOpen PSUs back then and also liked them 😀
The AOpen PSUs I used were actually based on FSP designs, from what I could gather back then.
One of the 300W AOpen PSUs actually had a knob which controlled the speed of the PSU fan, which was quite an unusual feature.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 45 of 49, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
I tried that for a while. It doesn't hide Topics, of which this user makes an inordinate number. […]
Show full quote
If he bothers you so much, why don't you just put him on your ignore list? If someone bothers you this much for years apparently […]
Show full quote

If someone bothers you this much for years apparently (and tbf I do see why) it's better to block him and be done with it instead of having to put up with it.
He's apparently clearly not taking in anything you say, so why say anything to him at all?

Having said that, I also just keep in mind that years later people will still find this thread and will appreciate the constructive replies and will perhaps also disregard the OPs ehm... apparenty below average IQ? Not sure how to call it without moving into trolling territory 😜

I tried that for a while. It doesn't hide Topics, of which this user makes an inordinate number.

Note that the user edited this post shortly after I called out the Google Image Search pictures and is now using a different picture of the exterior while leaving the interior picture unchanged.

I get your point about helping others looking up similar information in the future, but that seems needless given the odd specificity of posts. If you have properly identified an InWin A500, you can determine roughly which motherboards are suitable for it, otherwise you'll be in for a rough build.

Well he is imo clearly a fraud.
But again, it's up to the mods and admins to decide upon his or its eventual fate 😜

I could be wrong though! I mean I don't visit here all the time anymore, so it doesn't bother me personally as much?
But if that account is really just a bot or stealing pics from the net claiming them as its own, who knows what kind of trouble it may cause somewhere down the road.
But for now I'll stick to the troll hypothesis 😜

Attachments

• fraudperson2.jpg
    Filename
    fraudperson2.jpg
    File size
    201.7 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • fraudperson1.jpg
    Filename
    fraudperson1.jpg
    File size
    142.58 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Report spammers here!

Reply 46 of 49, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
imi wrote on 2021-09-11, 12:33:
fitzpatr wrote on 2021-09-11, 04:34:

This user's entire post history is stolen pictures and random hypothetical builds in which they ask for advice without listening to anyone's responses. It is of precisely no value to the community and wastes other users' time when they try to be helpful and provide meaningful information. As of this post, Intel486dx33 has posted 3,988 times and I suspect that about 10 of them were constructive.

also, this isn't even an InWin A500, but a S500

Indeed. OP just grabbed that pic from the website I showed in my previous reply. And it's apparently indeed not an A500 but I did find it using Inwin A500 as a search term, which is probably how OP found the exact same pic as well.

Case closed? 😜
Well, anyway this was mildly entertaining 🤣
EDIT

Show full quote

Fair point.

I remember a long time ago I was on a forum where there was also someone who was posting a LOT, rapidly increasing his post count to (at the time) impressive levels.
At some point someone higher up from those forums decided to (periodically?) reset his post count 😜

But yes, I definitely understand that this can be annoying, but it is especually annoying since this forum is a forum where people help askers on a regular basis.

Report spammers here!

Reply 47 of 49, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Show full quote
fitzpatr wrote on 2021-09-11, 04:34:

Mods:

Why haven't we banned this nonsense yet? This user's entire post history is stolen pictures and random hypothetical builds in which they ask for advice without listening to anyone's responses. It is of precisely no value to the community and wastes other users' time when they try to be helpful and provide meaningful information. As of this post, Intel486dx33 has posted 3,988 times and I suspect that about 10 of them were constructive.

Caluser2000 wrote on 2021-09-11, 05:11:

Well done! Quite a few of us have known this for years.

I got put in the naughty room for calling it out in the past.

I don't put folk on ignore lists just in case they do supply some useful info.

Maybe we can treat IT as the vogons mascot.

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉

Reply 49 of 49, by retardware

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I followed the suggestion to mute that user, but it is indeed a bit disappointing that his threads aren't getting muted.
Anyway, the "advantage" of this is to see how many helpful users fall prey to a troll.

I also fell prey to his trolling, wasting time answering and then seeing that he either was not sufficiently intelligent to comprehend that or deliberately continued playing the stupid man, I refrained from answering his threads.
And I like the suggestion of resetting the post count, but I better like another solution: there are forums which mods give "special titles" to users which give particularly useful and qualified responses, as well as give other "titles" that give good description like "Troll" etc.