First post, by Major Jackyl
- Rank
- Member
I don't want to start my Win7 install from scratch, as this has been in use for some time now.
So, what I've been trying to do, is clone my drive, a Hitachi DeskStar onto a WD Blue SSD, using Clonezilla.
The problem is that Clonezilla doesn't see the Hitachi. When I run Clonezilla, it will see the SSD and ANY OTHER DRIVE, except these Hitachi (I have two, neither show up).
I've tried 3 different motherboards to try and get it done. Ol' reliable couldn't even get the job done (DH61BE, I've cloned dozens of drives with this board). The board in the computer I'm trying to clone is Sabertooth 990FX. I've tried the M3A78-EM too, since it was right there. I tried my modern computer last night and same result. I would like to mention, I tried using IDE-SATA interface AND USB-SATA interface, same result.
Is this some kind of ugly drive firmware keeping me out? It has a Dell P/N, which is my only lead right now.
I'll share the drive info from Aida64, too:
Addendum:
I just tried a different Hitachi (I have a dozen of the "Apple" ones) and it was detected by Clonezilla.
Pretty much the same drive, but with "Apple Firmware" I have been not using them because I thought THEY would be the ones to give me guff. Did not expect the Dell drive to be as dastardly as it is.
So, it appears may have answered my question. Firmware issue. BUT, is there a work-around? I was thinking "swap boards", but they're very different. How can I get this done?
Daily Units:
ASUS P55TVP4, P-MMX233, Matrox2064W, CT2770
ABIT IS7, P43.2(SL7E6), PNY6600GTS, Audigy(0090)
ASUS M2N-SLI, A64X2-5600+, EVGA 8600GTx2, Audigy2(0240)
ASUS ST-990FX, FX-8350, MSI GTX760x2, SB X-Fi(0460)
MSI Z690, i9-12900K, MSI RTX3090, SB AE-7