VOGONS


First post, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hi again!

I've just recently fixed my GA-586 mainboard thanks to help from you guys.
Please excuse for another little request. Does anybody have a clue how the PS/2 header is wired?
It's a 4 pin header, with only VCC pin being marked.

There's a pinout for another GA mainboard shown in this thread, but it doesn't seem to work, however:
PS/2 mouse port on GA-586HX rev. 1.56

Here's another one, with data/clock position switched:
Gigabyte 586TX3 - PS/2 Mouse Header

Any idea welcome.

Best wishes,
Jo22

PS: I forgot to mention, PS/2 port is enabled in Setup.

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 1 of 1, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Quick update! I got it to work!

I had to have the PS/2 mouse connected during power-on!

Previously, I didn't do that because I was afraid of shorts and wrong pinout.
I had the PS/2 mouse connected shortly before running mouse.com, each time.

I've attached pictures, maybe they're helpful to others! 🙂

PS: The PS/2 port is quite sensitive, when I switched on my Weller soldering station (trafo based) the PC made a ticking sound and the mouse cursor froze.
Despite them there no physical contact. Must been some EMI..

Oh, and please be careful with PS/2 pinouts from the internet!
Sometimes the pins of VCC and GND on the PS/2 motherboard connector are switched (I mean the green/black/pink connector, not the pin header)!
So better use a needle and a multimeter to double check!

In my case it's like this: VCC is orange, GND is red, black is CLK and brown is DATA.

(The cables on the pin header connector are black, brown, red and orange; from left to right)

Edited.

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//