VOGONS


First post, by Lylat1an

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

Is there a certain program you guys use that's either bootable on retro hardware, or compatible with modern Windows to display a CF card's details?

(Preferably usable through a USB adapter for the latter.)

Reply 1 of 2, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hi, there's WHATIDE and IDEDIAG, I think.
One is available here: Re: IDE disk-on-module + 386

Good luck! 😃🤞

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 2 of 2, by DaveDDS

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've got a couple DOS systems where I run CF's as C: (for auto-control of stuff - without cache you can literally just remote power them ON/OFF)

I use CF<>IDE adapters, and so far I've been able to use BIOS "auto" setting for the drive.

If this doesn't work on a particular system - try temporarily replacing the HD in a different system where the BIOS supports "auto" drives.
With luck you can figure out the geometry you need to configure in the first system.

https://dunfield.themindfactory.com ; "Daves Old Computers" ; SW dev addict best known:
ImageDisk: rd/wr ANY floppy PChw can ; Micro-C: compiler for DOS+ManySmallCPU ; DDLINK: simple/small filetransfer(w/o netSW)via Lan/Lpt/Com