VOGONS

First post, by Kahenraz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

What is it? 😐

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVulqQvydUwA_5PHo8DAEOTYqUq1d2NVL3PeVXoqBsXQxjWRK_

The closest I can get is an Asus P3V133 but the chipset says AMD. So is it a slot A.. ?

Reply 1 of 11, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Its an Slot A indeed. Maybe this board having the AMD 750 irongate chipset.

Last edited by Robin4 on 2016-06-13, 01:00. Edited 1 time in total.

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 2 of 11, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Kahenraz wrote:
What is it? :neutral: […]
Show full quote

What is it? 😐

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVulqQvydUwA_5PHo8DAEOTYqUq1d2NVL3PeVXoqBsXQxjWRK_

The closest I can get is an Asus P3V133 but the chipset says AMD. So is it a slot A.. ?

Looks like a red herring.

But if it's an AMD chipset and the CPU sits in a slot, chances are good it's indeed a Slot A board, lucky you 😀

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 6 of 11, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Found this:

http://www.cpu-info.com/index2.php?mainid=athlon

In October 1998 on the Microprocessor Forum, Dirk Meyer gave a presentation about the K7 and its features. He baffled his audience with the top performance specifications of the soon to be released CPU. Unfortunately for his audience he did not show a working system.
Not long after the Microprocessor forum, AMD demonstrated a system based on a 500MHz K7 at the COMDEX in November 1998. Behind closed doors a few people got the opportunity to see AMD's 7th generation CPU in action. The system consisted of the Gomez motherboard with an early sample of the K7. On another tradeshow, the CEBIT in March 1999, AMD showed a 600MHz K7 on the Fester reference motherboard.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 8 of 11, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Would be interesting to see if this ES motherboard is actually stable enough to install Windows, loads of fun! 🤣

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 10 of 11, by brassicGamer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
stamasd wrote:

The placement of the ATX connector is horrible.

Seems to be a thing with Slot A boards - if your PSU has anything other than a really skinny clip on the ATX connector, some hacking is required to avoid fouling that big capacitor. Never had that problem on any other board.

gigabyte_xl.jpg
Filename
gigabyte_xl.jpg
File size
439.87 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Check out my blog and YouTube channel for thoughts, articles, system profiles, and tips.

Reply 11 of 11, by candle_86

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
brassicGamer wrote:
stamasd wrote:

The placement of the ATX connector is horrible.

Seems to be a thing with Slot A boards - if your PSU has anything other than a really skinny clip on the ATX connector, some hacking is required to avoid fouling that big capacitor. Never had that problem on any other board.

gigabyte_xl.jpg

Here is a SOYO 6BA+ IV

board.jpg

I have this board and you need a precision screwdriver to hit that clip or you mess with the caps