Reply 520 of 531, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
appiah4 wrote on 2021-05-19, 22:23:
Mumak wrote on 2021-05-11, 07:32:
appiah4 wrote on 2021-05-11, 07:20:

How do I generate one from the MS-DOS version? I think I have version 6.1.3 by the way.

Either manually pressing F2 will save content of current screen into a LOG file, or automatically using the -r switch. Adding -d will also produce DBG file that contains some more details for me.

Here you go, I hope it helps. 😀

Thanks! It's useful for my reference and future improvements.
What DELL monitor is that, P2414H? This model isn't in my database yet.

Reply 521 of 531, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yesi it's a Dell P2414H 24" IPS, it is my daily work/browsing/multimedia/gaming monitor, pretty good budget monitor with a good panel 😀

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 523 of 531, by the_ultra_code

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Tested out an ATI Rage LT PRO AGP PCI card under 98SE on my Asus TUSL2-C test-bench, and noticed questionable clocks being reported. Frankly, not sure what the actual clocks for this card are supposed to be, but looking on Wikipedia, these don't look quite right. Was wondering if you could take a look at it Mumak. Thanks!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_gra … Mobility_series
HLRPEgXl.jpg
Kk9HNg9l.png

Attachments

Builds

Other:
* USB2 PCI Card in Win98 SE
* Futuremark Result Browsers

Reply 524 of 531, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Frankly, I'm not sure here either. Clock detection here is implemented per documentation but I can't rule out cases where some additional/special clocking logic is involved.
Is there some other tool being able to report clocks that we can trust?

Reply 525 of 531, by the_ultra_code

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mumak wrote on 2021-07-05, 10:35:

Is there some other tool being able to report clocks that we can trust?

Not that I know of, no. Everest did not report clocks, Rivatuner224C provided nothing, and the drivers I used didn't provide any information. Maybe newer drivers would say something, but I'm doubtful.

Builds

Other:

Reply 526 of 531, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Please find attached a report and debug file for my new toy, a Fujitsu Lifebook S6110 laptop running Windows 98SE. All seems to be in order but hopefully it helps with something anyway.

Attachments

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 527 of 531, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
appiah4 wrote on 2021-07-16, 11:29:

Please find attached a report and debug file for my new toy, a Fujitsu Lifebook S6110 laptop running Windows 98SE. All seems to be in order but hopefully it helps with something anyway.

Thanks, looks good 😀

Reply 528 of 531, by zapbuzz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
the_ultra_code wrote on 2021-07-05, 10:28:
Tested out an ATI Rage LT PRO AGP PCI card under 98SE on my Asus TUSL2-C test-bench, and noticed questionable clocks being repor […]
Show full quote

Tested out an ATI Rage LT PRO AGP PCI card under 98SE on my Asus TUSL2-C test-bench, and noticed questionable clocks being reported. Frankly, not sure what the actual clocks for this card are supposed to be, but looking on Wikipedia, these don't look quite right. Was wondering if you could take a look at it Mumak. Thanks!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_gra … Mobility_series
HLRPEgXl.jpg
Kk9HNg9l.png

That little metal can on your GPU card is the clock crystal be wise to test it they vibrate silently to death. Also happens to old motherboards.
They are cheap to get though just that tedious surface mount job is all.

Reply 530 of 531, by the_ultra_code

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
zapbuzz wrote on 2021-07-19, 15:38:

That little metal can on your GPU card is the clock crystal be wise to test it they vibrate silently to death. Also happens to old motherboards.

Not sure how you would test it. With a multimeter perhaps? Also, I've already recycled the card - it was causing a short somewhere, don't have the knowledge to diagnose it, and frankly don't care enough for such a strange card. 😒

Builds

Other:

Reply 531 of 531, by zapbuzz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
the_ultra_code wrote on 2021-07-19, 23:18:
zapbuzz wrote on 2021-07-19, 15:38:

Not sure how you would test it. With a multimeter perhaps? Also, I've already recycled the card - it was causing a short somewhere, don't have the knowledge to diagnose it, and frankly don't care enough for such a strange card. 😒

theres a youtube channel with technicians of a computer museun they called CuriousMarc that demonstrates how to test clock crystals https://www.youtube.com/c/CuriousMarc/featured

SiS6326 had an AGP chip on PCI came in 4 to 8mb vram I recommend them as the pci solution of such a contraption if one was to look for them the SiS bios came out with bios upodate TSR programs that bios could be programmed into many system BIOS eliminating the onboard video bios (i took it off the card ran much faster)