First post, by Kahenraz
- Rank
- l33t
I'm building a system with two available ISA slots and have MK1869 XTREME which I'm considering for the first slot, but I'm not sure what to put in the second. This is a 440BX slot 1 motherboard, so there is already plenty of I/O available.
I am considering a PicuGUS to emulate an MT32 and CD images, but then wouldn't something like that also replace the MK1869 and then still leave an available slot?
The MK1869 also does not emulate a SoundBlaster 16, so using one of those is a possibility. The Sound Blaster Pro 2.0 also has a very unique sound with it's low pass filter, so a SBPro 2.0 + PicoGUS would be an alternative.
What would you do with two ISA slots in this situation? Bonus points if you can figure out what to do with my 440BX with three ISA slots!