VOGONS

Reply 260 of 440, by CuPid

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
TechieDude wrote on 2020-05-02, 12:31:

Does this fix K5 crash?

A big bug was found and fixed (thanks to appiah4), it is very possible that the same caused the crash on the K5.
Can you please try again and let me know ?

I need a vacation.

tbmtg3-99.png
zav4kj-99.png

Reply 261 of 440, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
CuPid wrote on 2020-05-02, 12:47:
TechieDude wrote on 2020-05-02, 12:31:

Does this fix K5 crash?

A big bug was found and fixed (thanks to appiah4), it is very possible that the same caused the crash on the K5.
Can you please try again and let me know ?

Happy to help. 😀

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 262 of 440, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Attached is the new log file for the DRx2-66 in W95. Doesn't show L1 cache, nor the caching scheme.

Attachments

• Filename
    DRx2-66-W95.txt
    File size
    2.72 KiB
    Downloads
    47 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 263 of 440, by CuPid

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
feipoa wrote on 2020-05-02, 13:15:

Attached is the new log file for the DRx2-66 in W95. Doesn't show L1 cache, nor the caching scheme.

Sorry I forgot something, it should work OK now.

http://download.cpuid.com/betas/cpuz_w95.zip

I need a vacation.

tbmtg3-99.png
zav4kj-99.png

Reply 264 of 440, by TechieDude

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It doesn't crash now, but it doesn't detect the CPU. All it says is "AMD Processor". It also kills my serial mouse for some reason, although the rest of the system still works. If I use PS/2, it freezes the whole PC completely.

Reply 265 of 440, by CuPid

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
TechieDude wrote on 2020-05-02, 17:05:

It doesn't crash now, but it doesn't detect the CPU. All it says is "AMD Processor". It also kills my serial mouse for some reason, although the rest of the system still works. If I use PS/2, it freezes the whole PC completely.

OK. Can you please copy that cpuz.ini in the same folder as the exe, run cpuz again and tell me if it fixes the issue ?
If it does, can you please post a TXT report ?
Thanks !

Attachments

• Filename
    cpuz.ini
    File size
    296 Bytes
    Downloads
    39 downloads
    File license

I need a vacation.

tbmtg3-99.png
zav4kj-99.png

Reply 266 of 440, by TechieDude

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well, it doesn't kill my mouse now. Since all I had to do was disable sensors, you could have said so to save you the trouble.
Anyway, here's the report:

Attachments

• Filename
    USER.txt
    File size
    20.38 KiB
    Downloads
    44 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 267 of 440, by CuPid

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
TechieDude wrote on 2020-05-02, 17:55:

Well, it doesn't kill my mouse now. Since all I had to do was disable sensors, you could have said so to save you the trouble.
Anyway, here's the report:

Thanks. When sensor is set to 1, the problem occurs whatever the CPU is or only with the K5 ?

Last edited by CuPid on 2020-05-02, 19:13. Edited 1 time in total.

I need a vacation.

tbmtg3-99.png
zav4kj-99.png

Reply 268 of 440, by TechieDude

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It happens regardless of the CPU and only on my Socket 7 system. Oddly enough, it didn't happen with another serial mouse, but that one is dead now. Let me try other mice first.

EDIT: I remembered wrong. I used a USB mouse, and it DOES NOT freeze the whole system. It's actually like this:
Serial Mouse: CPU-Z kills mouse; Keyboard works.
PS/2 Mouse: CPU-Z kills mouse and keyboard.
USB Mouse: Mouse and keyboard work normally.
USB and PS/2 Mice: CPU-Z kills mouse and keyboard. USB mouse still works and interacts normally with the OS.

I use an AT Keyboard for all of these tests. It's quite a weird error. The motherboard is a QDI Titanium IB+ (430TX) and my system is otherwise stable.

Reply 269 of 440, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Attached are the two log files for the DRx2-66 under Win95. One log file is for the case with L1 set as 2-way set associative, the other is for direct-mapped. CPU-Z appears to be displaying the correct information.

Attachments

Reply 270 of 440, by CuPid

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
TechieDude wrote on 2020-05-02, 19:41:
Serial Mouse: CPU-Z kills mouse; Keyboard works. PS/2 Mouse: CPU-Z kills mouse and keyboard. USB Mouse: Mouse and keyboard work […]
Show full quote

Serial Mouse: CPU-Z kills mouse; Keyboard works.
PS/2 Mouse: CPU-Z kills mouse and keyboard.
USB Mouse: Mouse and keyboard work normally.
USB and PS/2 Mice: CPU-Z kills mouse and keyboard. USB mouse still works and interacts normally with the OS.

Thank you. The sensor parsing may misprogram the LPCIO chip that is responsible of COM/PS2 port (but not USB), and that explains why the mouse and the keyb are disconnected.

feipoa wrote on 2020-05-03, 11:49:

Attached are the two log files for the DRx2-66 under Win95. One log file is for the case with L1 set as 2-way set associative, the other is for direct-mapped. CPU-Z appears to be displaying the correct information.

Thanks. Did you notice a performance change between the two modes ?

I need a vacation.

tbmtg3-99.png
zav4kj-99.png

Reply 271 of 440, by TechieDude

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
CuPid wrote on 2020-05-03, 15:52:

Thank you. The sensor parsing may misprogram the LPCIO chip that is responsible of COM/PS2 port (but not USB), and that explains why the mouse and the keyb are disconnected.

How come the keyboard still works when I use a serial mouse?

Reply 272 of 440, by CuPid

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
TechieDude wrote on 2020-05-03, 15:58:

How come the keyboard still works when I use a serial mouse?

I don't know precisely, some functions of the LPCIO may continue to work whereas others are down due to wrong registers contents.

I need a vacation.

tbmtg3-99.png
zav4kj-99.png

Reply 273 of 440, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
CuPid wrote on 2020-05-03, 15:52:
feipoa wrote on 2020-05-03, 11:49:

Thanks. Did you notice a performance change between the two modes ?

Yes. 2-way set associative is faster. DOOM yielded 5250 realtics (14.23 fps) with 2-way and 5462 realtics (13.67 fps) with direct-mapped.

Reply 274 of 440, by CuPid

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
TechieDude wrote on 2020-05-02, 17:05:

I've added a fix for the K5 model 0 detection, can you please give it a try ?
http://download.cpuid.com/betas/cpuz_w95.zip

I need a vacation.

tbmtg3-99.png
zav4kj-99.png

Reply 275 of 440, by TechieDude

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It's somewhat better, but it doesn't show L1 Cache, only L2.

Attachments

• Filename
    USER.txt
    File size
    19.37 KiB
    Downloads
    48 downloads
    File license

Reply 277 of 440, by CHiLL72

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This latest version still has a bug that I noticed on the Win9x 1.01 version on your website: the first time I run it on Windows 98SE on my ASUS CUBX-E Pentium III system, it shows Vcore on the first tab. If I close and then start CPU-Z again, Vcore is not displayed anymore.

Waveblaster MIDI boards: https://waveblaster.nl - online now!

Reply 278 of 440, by CuPid

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
CHiLL72 wrote on 2020-05-08, 20:05:

This latest version still has a bug that I noticed on the Win9x 1.01 version on your website: the first time I run it on Windows 98SE on my ASUS CUBX-E Pentium III system, it shows Vcore on the first tab. If I close and then start CPU-Z again, Vcore is not displayed anymore.

This is not good sign. Could you please save a TXT report the 1st time and another one the second time and post them ?
I guess cpuz does not show vcore again until a reboot ?

I need a vacation.

tbmtg3-99.png
zav4kj-99.png

Reply 279 of 440, by CHiLL72

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
CuPid wrote on 2020-05-09, 16:24:
CHiLL72 wrote on 2020-05-08, 20:05:

This is not good sign. Could you please save a TXT report the 1st time and another one the second time and post them ?
I guess cpuz does not show vcore again until a reboot ?

Yes, that is correct, only after a reboot Vcore is shown again. I will save and post the report later.

Waveblaster MIDI boards: https://waveblaster.nl - online now!