Common searches

Reply 43 of 217, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Discrete_BOB_058 wrote on 2020-05-01, 19:50:

Zuma Deluxe

Not sure what led you to this conclusion. Pretty much every Popcap game (except Bejeweled 3) uses the same framework with the same bug: the scaling in fullscreen is completely messed up unless you switch to a 4:3 desktop resolution before launching. It might just be a bug in nvidia's drivers rather than something in Windows, technically.

Either way, you could totally pad out the list with all of Popcap's games if you wanted to, but I'm not sure what the point of that would be.

Reply 44 of 217, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Jorpho wrote on 2020-08-25, 20:18:

Zuma Deluxe

Not sure what led you to this conclusion. Pretty much every Popcap game (except Bejeweled 3) uses the same framework with the same bug: the scaling in fullscreen is completely messed up unless you switch to a 4:3 desktop resolution before launching. It might just be a bug in nvidia's drivers rather than something in Windows, technically.

Either way, you could totally pad out the list with all of Popcap's games if you wanted to, but I'm not sure what the point of that would be.

Well I could never run the game on a 16:9 res. This may not be a bug but not a feature implemented then. Hitman Codename 47 also has scaling problems in Glide on 16:9.

Jorpho wrote on 2020-08-25, 20:18:

Zuma Deluxe

the scaling in fullscreen is completely messed up unless you switch to a 4:3 desktop resolution before launching.

Well I have used nVidia, Intel, ATi cards and never faced this.

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 45 of 217, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Discrete_BOB_058 wrote on 2020-08-26, 03:38:

Well I could never run the game on a 16:9 res. This may not be a bug but not a feature implemented then. Hitman Codename 47 also has scaling problems in Glide on 16:9.
[...]

The games always run at 4:3, but the scaling gets messed up unless the desktop resolution is 4:3 before launching. I should also add that the problem can also be fixed by disabling hardware acceleration in the Options menu for each game, but then you lose whatever fancy zooming and particle effects the game might employ. It is easy to dismiss the issue by saying "oh, these games are old and low-res and pixelated, they're supposed to look like that", but it makes a huge difference.

Reply 46 of 217, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Jorpho wrote on 2020-08-26, 05:59:
Discrete_BOB_058 wrote on 2020-08-26, 03:38:

[...]

The games always run at 4:3, but the scaling gets messed up unless the desktop resolution is 4:3 before launching. I should also add that the problem can also be fixed by disabling hardware acceleration in the Options menu for each game, but then you lose whatever fancy zooming and particle effects the game might employ. It is easy to dismiss the issue by saying "oh, these games are old and low-res and pixelated, they're supposed to look like that", but it makes a huge difference.

Well as you say I will check.it out again,but I didn't find this problem even when my monitor was at 16:9

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058